Any DENON HEOS support?

Found a topic on Denon, but no HEOS support, Anyone succeeded connecting to it?
Want to control it, send mp3 to it and so on.
I have the 4300 version.

Thanks

Have you tried the stock driver? One user reported it worked:

Anyone know if this will work with heos speakers? To use like the sonos?

Will give it a go tonight!

There is a dlna driver I use with my Heos speakers. It works. I’ll have to search and find it. I think it’s called media renderer or something like that

Thanks.
I'll check it out tonight.
Cheers!

:+1:t6: Cheers

Maybe it's something wrong Im doing but can't connect.
I installed the driver,
created a virtual device,
set the IP to the Denon IP (Checked)
Checked in the Denon that Network control is ON
Ping to Denon from my computer - reply.
try anything on the driver test buttons, nothing happend.
:frowning:

Did you install the app and run the setup? You shouldn’t be creating a virtual device manually

No, which app? I just found device

The link I sent you included media renderer app in the zip file

Ok, so it is a DLNA device. Nice - played with it- working - thanks a lot.
Now I want to move forward one step and add a rule (4) like this - it door sensor is open -> turn on the receiver, move to tuner and set volume to 50. (even better - say something like Hello and then do the following. is it doable?

So this sounds like you're asking for way more than HEOS support, you're asking to be able to control your received. DLNA isn't going to let you do that.

Well, Succeeded.
Rule is as follow:
Name: Play music when door open.
Trigger: Door 1 open (door 1 is the name of the sensor)
If (mode is Day) THEN
On: Denon 4500
Set Volume on Denon 4500 to 50 -> delayed 0:00:10

Working.

Continue:
I want to add button in the dashboard so that it will set a value to property.
For example set value 1 (for tuner) to source attribute of the Denon.
I select Denon as the device, but I can't find a template that will allow me changing the mediaInputSource.
I can add a template to see the source but I can't add a button that will change the value.
Thanks

This should work equally well for Denon. The capability you are looking for is 'actuators'. The parameter is the input number to set. I call this rule from other rules needing to set USB input. I have one of these for each input I want to use. When an input is selected a input selected event fires. This event signals the receiver is ready for commands. You can put your actions in that rule.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.