Another Aeon Multisensor 6 DH

I've noticed that the driver is verbose in it's logging and I've incorporated the Hubitat way of shutting off debug logs 30 mins after enable.

I have a new version on github. v1.3 [RELEASED]

I have 12 of these Multisensors and a 12x reduction in my logs has to be a good thing :smiley:

1 Like

I take it that given you use 12 of them, you would recommend them? I'm particularly looking for a lux/luminescence sensor, but they are few and far between in Australia...

I don't understand Oz and the near absence of ZWave there. But yes, I think they are quite usable. I have the motion "recycle" set to 30 seconds, which is not entirely benign to battery life but I get a couple months or longer. Reporting time on battery is pretty lengthy, intentionally, so if you are needing "human time" reports, you'll have to wire them to USB. And the Multisensors do offer that option. The 2 Dome's I have don't, but they do offer lux too.

I didn't buy all 12 at once and as a result I see the variation in manufacturing over a couple of years. The newer ones are better, no surprise.

Personally I like the Dome motions for lux. I have 6 multisensor 6's (one USB powered), and two domes. One of the dome motions is looking out a window for exterior lux, and has been working very reliably for around 6 months now. It triggers my interior lighting every day when it starts to get dark.

Oz + Zwave = expensive !
Think close to $100 per multi-sensor 6, when not on sale.
Mainly I think it's due to the small market size down here and the unique frequency band used.

I updated the Driver to v1.6 by removing 'isStateChange = true' everywhere. It's another very minor change intended to reduce the 'footprint' of this driver. This should cut down on the number of event entries where no change actually occurred. Reduce the load on the hub sounds reasonable to me. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks for continually improving this driver! Your work on this is very much appreciated.

1 Like

whats does this mean?

[dev:740](http://192.168.1.81/logs#dev740)2019-01-28 12:06:47.286 pm [warn](http://192.168.1.81/device/edit/740)power source is not identified, check it sensor is powered by USB, if so > configure()

I hit configure but its still there. 5 of my 6 are USB powered and that last one will eventaily also be powered by USB.

* Copyright :  **Ⓒ 2018 cSteele**
* Version :  **1.6**
* author :  **cSteele**
* tempOffset :  **0**
* InternalName :  **AeotecMultiSensor6**
* sensorTemp :  **20.6**
* firmware :  **1.11**
* UpdateInfo :  **N/A**

also from all of my devices I get lux like this

* DriverAuthor :  **cSteele**
* DriverStatus :  **Current**
* DriverUpdate :  **N/A**
* DriverVersion :  **1.6**
* acceleration :  **inactive**
* battery :  **100**
* humidity :  **32**
* illuminance :  **10**
* motion :  **active**
* temperature :  **20.5**
* ultravioletIndex :  **0**
* lastUpdate :  **28-Jan-2019 12:16 PM**

which seems low to me as obviously the lux isnt 10 so they must use a very low values for it, but the option for automatic value change then needs to be set at like 1 for it to do anything. our work PIRs used 1-999 which is 600 is about 600 lux depending on the relux values.

Does anyones ultravioletIndex work?

I clicked refresh again and it updated this time.

* DriverAuthor :  **cSteele**
* DriverStatus :  **Current**
* DriverUpdate :  **N/A**
* DriverVersion :  **1.6**
* acceleration :  **inactive**
* battery :  **100**
* humidity :  **32**
* illuminance :  **10**
* motion :  **inactive**
* powerSource :  **dc**
* temperature :  **20.4**
* ultravioletIndex :  **0**
* lastUpdate :  **28-Jan-2019 12:24 PM**

Thanks for your efforts on this driver. I just installed it since the stock driver has long motion timeouts. This said I noticed your driver has duplicate active and inactive events. Are you experiencing this too?

like this: ?

dev:8452019-02-26 06:56:40.593 am infoMultiSensor6A (officeDesk) motion active
app:7752019-02-26 06:56:40.340 am infoOffice Light Automation: MultiSensor6A (officeDesk) motion active
dev:8452019-02-26 06:56:40.182 am infoMultiSensor6A (officeDesk) motion active
dev:8452019-02-26 06:56:24.858 am infoMultiSensor6A (officeDesk) motion inactive
app:7752019-02-26 06:56:24.769 am infoOffice Light Automation: MultiSensor6A (officeDesk) motion inactive
dev:8452019-02-26 06:56:24.550 am infoMultiSensor6A (officeDesk) motion inactive
--- Live Log Started, waiting for events ---

In the event log

It's worth a try to change to the built in driver but NOT click configure. What this does is use my driver to set the parameters, then let the built in driver handle the device interaction. By not clicking Configure, the parameters won't get overwritten.

I swapped one of mine, it works but the reaction time seems slowed. That would make some kinda sense.. if the workaround for the false events is to ignore any that come within 350ms or so.

Edit: no, I spoke too soon, still getting double events with the built in driver "Aeon Multisensor6"

1 Like

I thought I'd chime in here. I pulled the driver today and put it on my hub. I was looking for a better sample rate and totally thankful someone did it. Let me know if there's anything I can check into since it's really just my thing at home... :slight_smile:

I think that might explain the double message. The device itself MAY send two, as Kevin describes above for Zooz.

Anyone experience offsets (specifically temperature) not working?

v1.6.4 pushed to Github

Import URL: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/HubitatCommunity/AeotecMultiSensor6/master/AeotecMultisensor6.groovy

2 Likes

I've never seen my ultraviolet level move from 0 is that normal?

On mine, I only see an ultraviolet level if it is outside. I think my windows block all measurable by the Multisensor6.

Open a window and point it outside and you will get an ultraviolet reading.

John

will give that a go thanks :slight_smile: