Android widgets

Android Widgets

Android widgets

Android Widgets

Thank you!

1 Like

Here are some to get you started. :wink:

1 Like

Erm, what? Shouldn't this be in the Lounge?

Use the app HttpRequestWizard and MakerAPI. Bingo! You have HE widgets. What are you waiting for? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Widget :musical_keyboard: I've got a widget :musical_note: I've got a widget :musical_score: A widget I have got :musical_note:

It's not ready yet but I should have widget support ready to try out in a few days. I'm going to start small - a 1x1 widget that represents a single Hubitat device. Clicking on it will toggle your device on/off. I'd like to be able to prompt the user in some cases - such as locking a door - in case of an accidental click.

Also, because of the way Widgets work the icon state won't be able to be fully in sync with the device (ie: the widget might show the light as 'on' even when it's actually off). So, I'll have to figure out how to represent this best.. but, I'm open to suggestions too

2 Likes

Hey cool I will check it out

It is now July 21st, 2022. Where is the Android HE Widget?

For which app? @jpage4500's Hubitat Android Dashboard app, or the Hubitat Android app?

Been using the app/widgets from @jpage4500 for quite a while, works great.

Pretty much these three (3 day weather, Ecowitt Outdoor, Front Door Lock):

Widgets

2 Likes

Weather is broken...it says 12 degrees. That must be wrong.

:wink:

3 Likes

Nah, it's a warm day today. :snowman_with_snow:

3 Likes

I am talking about the Widget you can place on the Android home screen. I get promoted to configure it as soon as I place it on Home Screen and nothing else.

That's the Hubitat one. @jpage4500 posted his community app in post #5. Works beautiflully.