Ambient Weather Station APP Issues

Hello the Ambient Weather Station update will not work getting an error. Any help appreciated

An error occurred while installing the package: Failed to install app https://raw.githubusercontent.com/KurtSanders/STAmbientWeather/master/hubitat/smartapps/kurtsanders/ambient-weather-station.src/ambient-weather-station.groovy. Please notify the package developer..

@maranosal

I am the developer of Ambient Weather Station (AWS).

1. Was this an update to AWS from HPM?
  2. Would you try a new fresh install from HPM or a HPM Repair of AWS.

I just performed a fresh install using HPM of AWS and I did not get the error you show above.

Hubitat Package Manager

Success

I tried to update from HPM that’s the error then I tried a repair same error I can try to delete and do a fresh install if you think that’s the way it needs to be done!

Was trying to avoid this start over but sounds like I need to!

What version of HPM are you on? Make sure you are using the latest, which you may have to update manually instead of using HPM itself, if you are on a recent platform version.

1 Like

@bertabcd1234 might be on to something, check your version of HPM, should be release v 1.9.2 which is located on the upper right hand of the HPM main screen. The latest AWS uses HE's libraries and bundles and perhaps the install/update error is within HPM being on a lower release? I think that a lower release of HPM can be updated from within HPM or at least from HPM repair.

If you are on HPM v 1.9.2, then can you turn on the HPM debug logs when you try to update so I can see the error(s) and where is is originating.

well that's interesting I thought the HPM updated but I guess not. on

Hubitat Package Manager v1.8.3

Well fixing the packet manager worked I had to use the raw code from git hub for what ever reason then I was able to update the Weather Station, weird I thought it HPM updated when I did it last time but I guess not.

1 Like

@maranosal Great work! So glad that worked for you!

@bertabcd1234 Thanks for you identifying this issue with an older version of HPM.

1 Like

Thanks for the help much appreciated

1 Like