Amazon Really BROKE Alexa. No Web Portal

Well, looks like Amazon really messed up Alexa....I needed to re-init my link and found out that DISABLED the alexa web portal. No way to delete all devices and I have a couple hundred devices that you have to tap 3+ times and wait to remove ONE. Non-sense.....

Has anyone else ran into this and/or know how to get around it?

1 Like

Use the web app.

Looks like one at a time is the only way according to a few people who have reached out to Alexa support:
https://www.reddit.com/r/alexa/comments/17mwjfj/removing_all_devicesscenes_and_starting_over/?rdt=61310

1 Like

Oh, NM. I see now that the web app is gone. I haven't been there in a long time.

I have. Removed them one at a time using the mobile app. Probably took me 30 minutes every night for a week.

A right royal PITA.

2 Likes

Use Bluestacks or a similar Android emulator on your desktop. Bluestacks in particular has access to the Play Store, so you can download things just like on a phone and simply log into your Amazon account in glorious 24" 1920x1080.

This is the only thing that saves my sanity on some particular apps, Govee I am looking at you!!!

3 Likes

Luckily still working for me and the app works on android

Amazon says reset your device. I guess that makes sense, if there's nothing else you really need on the Echo [which apparently is wrong as @aaiyar pointed out below].

1 Like

They’re wrong about that. All my Echos were reset (new house, new WiFi network), but the devices all remained in my account.

In the end, I had to delete devices individually in the mobile Alexa app.

4 Likes

That's not all they've ruined, I have 11 changing photos on my show, now I have 5 adverts between each photo no matter what I change, if I turn all but rotating photos off all I get is a blank screen with the time

2 Likes

Alexa smart home functionality has always been half-assed. There are some fundamental architectural issues that have existed forever. Besides device management, mutli-user homes, and skill configuration are a couple other big ones. Why expect much change? Other than adding more adds of course.

1 Like

Well, I guess it will suck if I ever need to delete all the devices again. Glad I'm not in that situation right now. Maybe I'll replace my Echos with something else someday, but for now they work fine and I'm getting what I need from the four devices I invested in (and I'm still using). We're still using the original in the Kitchen and my wife still likes it, despite the idiosyncrasies. I have two of the original dots in a drawer, that no longer are used.

Not a bad run for a smart home device actually.

I also have a Google Home mini in a box of smart home stuff and the other one I owned, I gave away. The original Google Home display is still in use, but just for weather, recipes, better answers to questions, and the very occasional swipe and tap to control something. Can't say any of them are really horrible, or really good either. I suppose we're all just past the excitement of what they can do, which in terms of what was possible in 2015 is actually quite incredible today, despite the not so surprising changes when they failed to monetize them in the ways originally planned.

1 Like

I still have two original Echos and two original Dots. They all work ... one of mine was purchased when the Echo was available by invitation (at least that's my recollection) ....

2 Likes

Ugh, so guess it surely isn't me then, LOL. Yeah, ill just have to bite the bullet and use a remote link to my android device. Still PITA but more "do able". What a mess...

2 Likes

Oh and for what its worth, as the other user said, I did too try and remove all my echo devices & yeah that didn't work either.

2 Likes

Yep me too

My mother also ordered one during invitation period and it died but mine still works.

Stinks that the web interface is gone since I used to use it quite often to forget all devices.

2 Likes

:joy: Look at guys, strutting your preorder feathers!

3 Likes

Cut us a little slack. There’s precious little else to strut at our age …

6 Likes

If you guys are saying you can still strut, I don't think you have anything to complain about! :wink:

4 Likes

We need a local alternative to Amazon's TRASH that actually works for voice control / response. I still have a few Alexa products in my house. They are horrible horrible half baked products, as are all Amazon products I've tried. Can't wait to trash all of them some day, hopefully soon!