Amazon Prime Day - October 13-14, 2020

Kasa
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Kasa&i=prime-day&ref=nb_sb_noss

MyQ $17
https://www.amazon.com/Smart-Garage-Opener-Chamberlain-MYQ-G0301/dp/B075H7Z5L8/ref=sr_1_2?crid=7L02277EIUR3&dchild=1&keywords=myq+garage+door+opener&qid=1602607735&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&sprefix=Myq%2Cprime-day%2C167&sr=8-2

What is a good price reference for a decent switch for Zigbee or Zwave+ ? I'm trying to understand if the Amazon prices for switches are good or still overpriced despite the marketing. Deals posted here have been good but I've found some others where they inflate the price and then drop it off during prime day to make you think there's a discount.

Example of one I don't know is a good price (or even compatible with elevation hub):
https://www.amazon.com/Inle-Assistant-Requires-Required-100-240V/dp/B085N1G6S4/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=zigbee+repeater+switch&psr=PDAY&qid=1602625493&s=prime-day&sr=1-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExMFZDWkdJNDdaQlg4JmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMDY2MzM3M0tQNERBRzFRRTFOQSZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMzc0MDk0TVVNQkE2UEQ2OVo0JndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

20 bucks is a pretty good price for a zigbee switch, but make sure that anything wired or plugged into your house mains wiring has certifications from a reputable safety testing lab (e.g. UL, CSA, Intertek).

Edit: you can always check a specific product’s price history at camelcamelcamel.com to see whether the prime day price is actually a good deal vs. what it usually goes for.

2 Likes

Im thinking about switching from Smartthings like most but it seems like the best deal is still through the zwaveproducts. Was hoping a deal for just the hub would have popped up today.

There is an equivalent deal at The Smartest House. Hub + a z-wave+ dimmer for $129.95

1 Like

Thank you for the heads up. Just have to decide if I prefer the light bulb and button or the toggle dimmer :thinking:. Don't need any, but what the heck.

Anyone actually found any good deals (other than Amazon devices)? I haven’t spotted anything this year

The 1000 Watt WiFi Anova was $139 - the price as bounced around a bit, but I didn't think $139 was too bad - so I bought it for a friend's family.

1 Like

RoomMe has a 25% off coupon on Amazon. I’m debating if I want to try it out...

1 Like

Interesting product - you'd have to have your phone with you. Wish it worked with watches (or maybe that's changed?).

Car seats and robot vacuums but not much else. Some of the lightning deals are pretty good but have to catch them.

I asked them about Apple Watch specifically a while ago and they said they were working on it but no ETA. didn’t ask about Android but I assume they’re working on that too.

1 Like

Schlage zwave locks :slight_smile:

Edit: Not knocking them, I have 2 lol.

1 Like

Their website says this:

• Supported Smart Watches
    • Samsung Tizen 4.0 based watches.​
1 Like

August lock pro
https://www.amazon.com/August-Smart-Lock-Connect-technology/dp/B0752V8D8D/ref=sr_1_3?crid=DK7IUBKF83UY&dchild=1&keywords=august+smart+lock&qid=1602639595&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&sprefix=august+%2Cprime-day%2C197&sr=8-3

Personally, I would avoid this. The Z-Wave integration has been nothing but spotty for me and a lot of other people on this forum. The WiFi side works well enough and it cloud integrates into my security system which is nice, but I think there are a lot better buys if you want a Zigbee or Z-Wave smart lock.

Picked up a Yale Lever: YRL236-ZW2-619. $165 tax included. Now I can finally get the Schlage FE599 out of my life...

Anyone want a good deal on an awesome FE599? :smiling_imp:

Looks like the Wyze cams dropped to $10 by using voice shopping with echo. One cam only. I believe it was a limited time deal and may have ended by now but if anyone wants to try, feel free. Lower price is reflected during checkout. If price has changed back to the higher price, you can cancel the order.

1 Like

I was good. Made it out with only one device. An echo show 8. 50% off. 15 dollars worth of creds i had. 25% off for trading old dot. All in 22 dollars.

I can live with that lol.

1 Like