Amazon Echo Skill Error

I'm currently receiving this Amazon Echo Skill error which I am not able to decipher. Can anyone please help?

Error making Call to Alexa message gateway: {"header":{"namespace":"System","name":"Exception","messageId":"ASRLS_4460698f-f352-45b3-a7d6-932bb1141fd1_1678444341038.0..ASRLS_4460698f-f352-45b3-a7d6-932bb1141fd1_1678444341038"},"payload":{"code":"INVALID_REQUEST_EXCEPTION","description":"Cannot read the request payload as: Cannot construct instance of com.amazon.iota.driver.v3.StateReportProperty, problem: value\n at [Source: UNKNOWN; line: -1, column: -1] (through reference chain: com.amazon.iota.driver.directive.v3.MessageEnvelope$V3Builder["context"]->com.amazon.iota.driver.directive.v3.Context["properties"]->com.amazon.iota.driver.v3.StateReportPropertyArray[2])"}}

Are you getting it all the time or just occasionally. I get different errors from time to time. I currently have 4 Amazon errors over the last 24 hours or so. Everything seems to be working so I just chalk it up to the amazon servers having issues..

2 Likes

Thats the key, people post all the time of random errors from Alexa. Usually infrequent and harmless.

3 Likes

You're correct. Seems like I only get them occasionally. Thanks.

I occasionally see the Alexa integration errors as well. The three main causes that I have identified are:

1. Amazon AWS issue - nothing I can do about that. These have been pretty infrequent and affect all users when Amazon’s cloud service has an issue.
  2. Any time I perform maintenance on my home network hardware, like upgrading firmware on my router or network switches.
  3. Any time my Spectrum Internet decides to go offline.

The good thing is that Hubitat seems to recover automatically for all three of these cases. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.