Amazon Alexa Support

The issue: I would ask Alexa to turn off the lights and she will say “the device is not responding”. I would go and restart the hub and it works properly and made sure to check the “not responding box” in the settings. Voice will work flawlessly and in about two weeks the devices do not respond again.

I have a dashboard setup on my phone and it controls the lights perfectly through the dashboard.

I have reduced it to the Alexa and hubitat elevation connectivity issues. I have check all possible settings. All logs do not show any issues. I have tried deleting the Alexa app from hubitat and reinstalling the skill/app in different orders.

I there a way to fix this? Am I missing something?

Welcome to the wonderful world of Alexa. After 5 years, today i just put 8 Alexas in a storage box. She is what lead me to Hubitat actually after years of issues like yours with various devices. Sorry i know this helps you none, but i just wanted to vent (and celebrate) a little.

In my case, fixing the IP address of the Alexa and HE devices in my routers has fixed all connectivity problems they had. For me they happened whenever the routers did a cold start after a power interrupt.

Welcome Chris.thai89

I don't know if this will help, but I'll offer as a possibility. I have noticed changing the name of a device in Alexa seems to help.
Here's the background; For example, I have a fan, originally called "Sydnie's Fan". Alexa could not find or seem to operate this and when requested would report "couldn't find" or "having trouble" or some variation. Sometimes it would work, but usually not. Perhaps because there are other things sharing part of that name (Sydnie's Light, Sydnie's Dot, Sydnie's room) or Maybe Alexa was thinking I meant the city of Sydney Australia? Pure speculation. Without making any changes to Hubitat, I renamed the device in Alexa to "Syd's Fan", that made all the difference and now Alexa consistently turns this on or off as requested.
Hopefully this can help you as well.

1 Like

Can you comment on that further?

Your router will assign different IP addresses to the connected devices within your home’s net, cabled Ethernet or wifi.

Those addresses tend to be stable, but if the router reboots for whatever reason, it may change the previous addresses allocating new ones.

Routers allow you to avoid this dynamic allocation for those devices that you know for sure will always be there.

In my case, whenever the router rebooted, I had connectivity problems between HE and some wifi interconnected devices, Alexa Echos included.

After fixing static IPs to those devices problems disappeared.

If you enter your router “advanced” configuration you will see the dynamic IP addresses and the possibility of defining static ones.

1 Like

I thought that was what you meant. Thanks. I'll give it a try.

Hmm I never thought about that... my gateway is dynamic and I wonder if that has anything to do with it. I will give that a try