AM/FM Radio compatible with Hubitat?

I’m looking for an AM/FM radio that will work with my Hubitat for on/off and volume control, station tuning would be nice too. I’ve searched but cannot find one. Can anyone direct me to a product that fits the bill?

Thanks!

You should be able to get on/off control with a smart plug and a "dumb" enough radio (certainly anything with a physical power switch and analog tuner, but likely even digital tuners and some with only a soft power button if they turn on when plugged in).

I have never seen anything specifically for AM or FM tuning or anything for volume control outside of compatible speakers (which might work if your radio is connected to them). Not saying they don't exist, but I'm certainly not aware of any. Maybe someone else can chime in on that part. Good luck!

1 Like

Only idea I have is a Denon or Onkyo receiver since there are telnet based drivers where you can control them. This would obviously also require speakers too.

7 Likes

If you can find one with a simple RF remote the Broadlink RM4 and Community App would be an easy method to use it with Hubitat.

2 Likes

Agreed. I have a Russound receiver and am doing all of the things you desire...On/Off, changing radio channels and volume as desired. I use telnet control, which is quite simple with HE. You would need to add speakers as well. The Russound is not cheap, and adding quality speakers would only increase the cost. But I am very happy with the setup.

2 Likes

Are you in the UK or US? I found a posting on HA with a similar request and someone is apparently doing it with a Roberts radio (Link to Roberts Website) although they are UK-based. In theory someone could write an integration that would have similar functionality.

Later on in the post there is even a video someone created where they made a cheap FM radio receiver that also integrated with HA.

2 Likes

I’m in the US.

I was hoping to find a simple table radio with built-in zigbee or zwave to use with my Hubitat. Unfortunately it doesn’t look like that exists.

Thanks all for your input!

Yeah... I was doing my searches starting with ZigBee. Then I tried looking for one with Matter... Then looking for one that had some sort of API and WiFi...

Get a Sonos speaker. You can control that with Hubitat. I use one to play the radio when we aren't at home.

Buy it at Ikea, even cheaper
Got two I use for alarms, wellcome, goodmorning gretings and virtual dogs.

Thats correct & they work with the Sonos app