Alternative options for Blink camera integration

yes this is exactly the same for me. I have perimeter cameras all around and a chicken coop so I enable/disable variations throughout the day depending on sunrise/sunset as well as home occupancy or not.

@snell's drivers were working so beautifully for my needs :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob:

2 Likes

All, Blink driver is now functional again. Upgrade to the latest version 0.5.6. Apparently Blink's servers were changed to block the User-Agent that Hubitat includes with http calls. I am now specifically sending one (the same as Blinkpy) as part of all calls. In the future I will be making this a preference that users can change if needed but for now I wanted to get the fix out there.

@tomw deserves the credit for this. In discussion the "how" Blink knew which clients to block came up. I thought it was based on the structure of the IDs provided but @tomw thought it might be the User-Agent. Once I changed it, it all started to work again.

11 Likes

I've just wet myself, so happy :wink:

1 Like

Lol same

Oh no. Starting to get this a lot.
dev:3182022-11-09 13:34:50.539error Blink - Unauthorized

Maybe post this in the thread with snell's integration. This thread is about alternatives, although I updated the initial post to say his integration was not dead yet. Just a flesh wound.

I did a reauth per his last few entries. I'll watch before I make a fuss over my lack of research :slight_smile: