[Alpha] Community-maintained Google Home integration

I've been having an ongoing issue I haven't quite been able to pinpoint here. When I ask a speaker to perform an action it happens, but often with a substantial delay, and the speaker will report "sorry I couldn't reach the hubitat".

I'm not even sure how I would best go about troubleshooting this even.

Me too, and she insists on pronouncing it hoobitat.

I have got the integration for this app working with Google Home and Hubitat.

However, maybe I'm missing something or I don't understand, but I want to do the following:

I have a Roborock vacuum cleaner that I want to start from Hubitat.
How do I do this in the best way?

I have linked (through Mi Home) and can start the Roborock from Google Home, but how do I link/connect the trigger (switch in my case, but maybe I should use something else) in Hubitat to the Roborock in Google Home so that the vacuum cleaner start when I turn on the switch in Hubitat?

I have set up the device in Hubitat according to this:

I don't think this app can do what you're looking for. This app only allows you to expose your Hubitat devices to Google Home so you can control them via voice or the Google Home app.

If you have both the vacuum and the trigger switch in Hubitat then you should be able to set up a simple rule machine rule or something to start the vacuum. If only the switch is available in Hubitat then maybe Google Assistant Relay could do what you need.

I was afraid of that since Google Home is useless for too many things........I want an automated home, not a voice controlled home :smiley:

Google Assistant Relay might work, but not for me since I don't want to add a Raspberry Pi to my system.

Unfortunately, Roborock vacuum cleaners can't be added directly to Hubitat (which of course had been the best solution).

Since the Roborock can be voice activated through Google Home/Speaker, I guess I was kind of hoping for something that could "trick" Google Home in believing that it got a voice command, but the actual trigger came from Hubitat.

Alex/echo is actually better for that. You create a virtual switch on hubitat and expose it to alexa. Alexa. You then create a routine on alexa to start the robot. So when alexa sees the switch turns on it starts the robot routine. Unfortunately google isn't as sophisticated in their monitoring or rules. I ended up getting an echo dot for $30.00 for 2 specific things that I couldn't get into hubitat.. (It's now down to one)

Thanks.........that is a good idea that I will consider.
Alexa is not big in Sweden since there are hardly any services for that system.

I already have two Google Nest speakers so I was hoping I could use those, but if I don't find anyway to do what I want I might buy one Alexa.

I like my google cast enabled devices for music.....They work well..

As you have two Google Nest speakers, just use tts on one, to instruct the other one :wink:

This. I have a Sonos (for music) and a Nest Hub max (for other stuff) sat next to each other on my home office desk. I use Hubitat to perform TTS on the Sonos, at a volume the Next Hub can hear (actually very quiet as they are literally just 10cm apart). That way I can initiate Google Home routines from within Hubitat.

It's not 100% ideal, but unless/until Hubitat directly interfaces into GH (unlikely from what I've read, as Google don't allow API access into their environment) it works just fine

@mbudnek got a odd one. In GH if I ask the blind to close it will open and visa versa? I then checked the driver page to make sure it's the correct way round and it is any ideas?

It's a basic switch I believe so I just reversed the logic. Same happened to me.

Thanks for the tip........this actually works :smiley:
Not ideal though as you say..........

Still don't understand why it isn't possible to "simulate" a voice or when pressing the button in the Google Home app, but I guess it is Google that is preventing this............

I tried setting this up and got pretty far but no cigar. I got to the authenticate step where I logged into Hubitat from the Google Home app. I saw my devices and selected the "Authorize" button. Then it just said "something went wrong". I have the Google app set up as instructed with "On Device Testing" selected on the Test page. The "Develop" tab looks fully set up with the HubId and AppId included and the clientId and clientSecret info filled in. I don't know what to check next - is there a log somewhere?

Tried again - still giving the error that something went wrong. The account shows as linked to my app in the Test tab. I unlinked it and linked it again, but got the same error. Stumped.

I am having issues getting "Fan" objects to work correctly. I have setup a Fan device type supporting 3 devices traits (On/Off, Fan Speed, and Brightness). On/Off and Brightness work as expected as well as asking Google what the current speed is. If I ask Google to set the speed using "Set the xxx fan to speed", I get a "Sure" response, but nothing happens and nothing is logged by Hubitat. If I instead say "Set the xxx fan speed to speed", it works.

Check if there is a driver that someone else did for the Roborock on this forum. I have a Shark IQ, and it's not natively supported either, but someone had did up a driver that linked it to Hubitat.

That happens when it cannot reach the device you are looking for. IE: if I ask it to open my blinds, and they are powered off or wifi connectivity issues, then I get that back from Google. I also get it if I ask for functionality that the driver for Hubitat hasn't been developed out to support.

There is something called "Google Assistant Relay" that you can link Hubitat to GH to do this. Similar to GHC, you need to do some magic in your Google cloud sandbox and then it links to your account.

I used it for awhile to deal with my Nest thermostats until I found GHC.

Nice thing is you can broadcast actual Google messages (instead of TTS) so it doesn't stop music playback, your displays don't go black, etc.

I seem to be having some issues getting Blue Iris integrated. I followed all the directions and I'm able to control lights and locks from Google, so I know the integration is working right.
When I select the camera on the Nest Hub, it errors out and says "Sorry, it looks like the stream is currently unavailable from camera name". If I paste the URL into my web browser (BIServer:81/h264/temp.m3u8) it shows up perfectly and I am able to cast it to the Nest Hub.
I can't seem to figure out what is wrong. The BI web server doesn't have authentication enabled, there is no firewall blocking anything, etc.
The following shows up in the Hubitat log when I try to view the camera on the Nest Hub:
{"cameraStreamAccessUrl":"http://10.1.1.205:81/h264/Dway/temp.m3u8","cameraStreamReceiverAppId":null,"cameraStreamAuthToken":null,"cameraStreamProtocol":["hls"]}}}}
Any help is appreciated!

I have a new pull request that I'm waiting to get approved. Google changed how that trait worked, coupled with me apparently missing something (so 2 wrongs make a right).