Almost done with migration from ST

142 devices migrated over to Hubitat now. A few remaining items

1. Spruce Sprinkler controller and soil moisture sensors
  2. DSC Alarm Server stuffs
  3. Sonoff wifi switches and RGB led strip

Those and some way to do sound notifiication (a la SONOS) then will can turn off the ST hub completely.

Alarm server ala Home Assistant.. Can't wait for Hubitat version

3 Likes

Sonos is my last piece of the puzzle as well. Once that is here, my ST hub and my RPi can be shutdown.

2 Likes

Speakers are some of my last things
Currently using ā€˜Media Rendererā€™ with wifi speakers on ST but will buy Sonos if need to.

Sonos would be great, so my announcements would still be heard. On that note, someone on the HomeSeer forums has found a way to send announcements to Google home. Iā€™m not a programmer but wondering if any of the bright minds here have taken a look at that?

So far I have 61 devices in Hubitatā€¦about another 50 to go.

Biggest pieces missing from Hubitat:

• Google Home
  • Nest (thermostat/protects/cameras/doorbell)
  • IFTTT
  • Harmony Remote
  • Sonos or some sort of speaker for announcements

There is Harmony ā€œintegrationā€. Itā€™s a port of the ST code but works just like the ST integration. You do need to maintain the ST integration but only so the Oauth token remains valid

Iā€™m still waiting on these guys to finish my migration:

Harmony Remote
Nest Thermostat/Protect
AT&T Digital Life (or homecloud hub)
Unifi Security Cameras
Ring Doorbell

1 Like

The Ecobee port for Hubitat need some attentions still. I am getting some errors that I need to track down.

I have several sets of Osram/Sylvania Lightify Gardenspot strings that I unplugged just because their flaky zigbee repeater function was screwing with my zigbee mesh (most notably the MR101Z fan controllers). Once I move the fans to Hubitat, then I'm going to keep ST as a separate zigbee mesh controller for the Gardenspots.

And the fans are hard to move because they rely upon my most complex webCoRE piston which I know will be a bear to port (I don't believe RM will ever support some of the capabilities I use for the fans )

:slight_smile: ā€œcan beā€ was the operative part of my statement. Iā€™ll probably keep both running for testing and to connect future cloud integrations. I donā€™t think either will ever be completely shutdownā€¦they just wonā€™t be necessary.

2 Likes

no love for alarm server yet from anyone?

What type of device are you using to integrate your alarm with ST? I ported over the AD2SmartThings project to work with Hubitat. This uses an Alarm Decoder that talks to an Arduino which has a ST ThingShield on it.

2 Likes

I'm on the envisalink 3 now using the ST integration with alarm server.

Yay.. done with ST. Got Envisalink hacked into Hubitat environment. Thank you to @doug and @chuck.schwer for making this possible.

2 Likes

Can Tell us more about how you have the envisalink working ..

Indeed, would love to hear how the Envisalink is working with HE. Right now I'm using ST with the DSC Integration app (talking to RPI-based AlarmServer) which sends HubEvents to HE. Would love to eliminate my ST.

1 Like

Hi @cuboy29, Could you please kindly assist us how we can get our envisalink working with hubitat like you did. please and thank you!

Looks like he posted the information here...

1 Like

Awesome @ogiewon Thanks for sharing this !! Iā€™ll try it later when I get home from work!!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.