All z-wave devices disappeared

Thanks for all the suggestions. All I know now is that the hardware still works, there's no hints at what went wrong, and my settings can't be recovered. I contacted support and all I got back was "what's your hubid?" I replied a week ago and heard nothing.

I have 29 z-wave devices. They're several different types from a variety of vendors. Since the HE doesn't see them, I can't do an exclude. Instead, I'd have to do a factory reset on each device. Looking up how to do this for each device makes for a daunting task.

It's been fun playing with automation. I've written several drivers for my custom accent lighting and blinds (and shared a few here on the forums).

This is where I have to call it quits. I don't have the time to start from scratch. After getting burned this bad, I have no incentive to try again.

You can do an exclude actually, it will say excluded unknown device.

You also don't have to totally start from scratch (a reset hub). You can keep all of your automations and custom drivers, etc...

I am not disagreeing that it can be a daunting task to get it working again but it may not be as bad as you think.

2 Likes