All of z-wave devices suddenly are stopping to respond

shut down HE, take out z-wave stick, put in, power on...

did it again, only thing that works is a shut down and pull the power (reboot has no effect)

Same problem here......really sucks when you are on vacation.....

Are you using the HE thermostat built in app?

More "anecdotal" evidence there is a "problem" with the zwave radio in these hubs.

I would not call a few incidents “evidence”, since the majority of us are not having problems.

@mark.cockcroft Reboots won’t resolve issues with your Z-Wave mesh, since the Z-Wave radio remains powered during a reboot.

3 Likes

So you would you call them non existent then? Is issues only relevant when a majority of users experience them? Is ONLY issues actually reported via the forum to verify their existence "proof" the scale of the issue?

Those are your words. You’re claiming evidence of a problem with the radio. That doesn’t make any sense that the majority of users are not having problem, yet when you do, it has to immediately be the Z-Wave radio is faulty. It couldn’t possibly be a device that you own right? :roll_eyes:

I’ve had my hub since February of 2018. I’ve read thousands of posts here. No one has provided info that proves a thing is wrong with that Z-Wave radio. Most of the time I see a follow up post where they explain what problem device they found that was causing the issue.

1 Like

No, those are Webster's "definitions" of "anecdotal' and "evidence"

What doesn't make sense is that you claiming what a majority of users are experiencing as the majority of users don't even use this forum to report issues, which is your only source of information.

This is 100% not true. HUNDREDS of posts regarding zwave locks (when the issues didn't exist on other platforms) . MANY posts regarding THIS issue where the zwave devices "disappear" from the devices requiring a hub SHUTDOWNN and power cycle to fix (again not experienced on other hubs) And many other "Anecdotal" issues that have been posted about.

Why don’t you actually look up the meaning of anecdotal and evidence while you’re at it. You’re describing a symptom of a problem with something. Nothing more.

1 Like

You have nothing of substance here. No need to continue this conversation with you. You obviously just enjoy stirring things up by the overall tone of your posts. Some would and have called you a “troll”.

3 Likes

You denying reality has nothing to do with "MY" posts, and only contributes to a year later the problems still exist.

Support say it isn't the z-wave radio, it's the hub locking up, which confuses me as zigbee works fine and a reboot doesn't fix it.
Says chromecast and having a dashboard with all items ticked is overloading the cloud controller. Mabey the external z-wave stick uses the same bit of hardware as the cloud controller?????

I'd suggest if you are having similar issues report it and we can compare

1 Like

:joy::joy:

The word antonym comes to mind ....

5 Likes

Both of these have been identified as causes for hub slowdowns and lockups experienced by others, so I'm not surprised.

FWIW, reading those posts convinced me to only expose the devices used on any particular dashboard to that dashboard. And I don't use the (beta) Chromecast app.

1 Like

Yet almost a year later the app still exist with not a single update including fixes for these, for users to use "apparently knowing" they cause issues. Doesn't seem logical to leave an app available that "is known" to cause issues available in it's current state of causing issues.

Although some users have had issues with the chromecast Beta, I have not. I use it nightly to remind me to take a prescription. I have not had an issue or needed to reboot the hub that this runs on due to any issue.

I dont have any slowdowns, hub watchdog continues to work for virtual and zigbee in under 0.2 seconds when the z-wave is unresponsive

Do you have another z-wave stick?

No just the external one provided. I'll have to go through the motions. Chromecast disabled ( was one of the reasons I moved from St!!), only have 20 devices on a dashboard. And see it it works

Edit.. why dont they have a known current issues page. The chromecast thing are old post and the 20 devices limit