All Hubitat devices No Response after update to 16.4 iOS Beta - RESOLVED

Screwed up here. Was intentionally waiting to move to 16.4 until after some time passed to hear what the general experience was after updating. HomePod minis were set to auto update beta releases, so they all went to 16.4 sometime Saturday and everything has been no response since then. All auto beta updates turned off now!!

I've restarted the Homekit integration app several times with no change. Also updated my phone and AppleTV with no change. I hate it when I do dumb stuff.

ISSUE RESOLVED: Both hubs were running .154, and I decided I would reboot the hubs before heading to work. Noticed .155 was available, so updated to that release and after the reboots all Homekit devices are functioning again.

You should be able to perform a roll back on iOS right?

What starts to worry me a bit is to hear all these 16.4 issues with Hubitat.

I do hope @Hubitat_Staff is taking note and maybe investigate on the Hubitat side as well, considering Hubitat is onto the path to provide official HomeKit support.

I hear you, but I don't want to point fingers in any way at the Hubitat team. My setup has been rock solid for several weeks. This is all my fault for not paying close enough attention to how I have things setup locally.

Me neither… but if this is a persisting change in iOS, we sure might face problems down the road.

It might (lets hope) just be a glitch in the beta that Apple will solve in a next release.
Still, a roll back should work!

16.4 has just had its first public beta release. There are various other issues with it as well. I don't think Hubitat engineers should devote resources to fix what is likely to be a moving target for the next several months.

1 Like

I agree Ashok, if it is actually a glitch. Lets keep an eye out on this behaviour for next releases. The thing is, this is a public beta, so most engineering should have been done. Again, lets hope its a glitch. Still think the engineers should take notice (spending resources is another topic, maybe not yet indeed)

FWIW, this is not the first time that a recent early iOS beta has messed with things, that were fixed by the time it went to RC status.

3 Likes

@rabell i hope you opened a bug report w/ Apple to help ensure this issue is fixed before the RC. :crossed_fingers:t3:

1 Like

I updated HPMs and ATVs to 16.4 (and my iPhone, A watch) and everything in Apple Home is working fine. I had updated to the new Home architecture before it was pulled. I immediately noticed that I can’t access the HE device or app pages from Safari since updating, which is a downer, but I submitted a bug report.

@rabell I too am on 16.4 and no issues. Have you tried to restart the integration itself? If that works have the integration restart hourly

Yes, I've restarted the integration several times with no improvement. I was able to roll back the 3 HomePod minis to 16.3.2. I removed the AppleTV from Homekit since it can't be rolled back. All 89 Hubitat devices across 2 C7 hubs still no response.

I may start over with these this evening after work.

ISSUE RESOLVED: Both hubs were running .154, and I decided I would reboot the hubs before heading to work. Noticed .155 was available, so updated to that release and after the reboots all Homekit devices are functioning again. Honestly, I don't recall whether or not I rebooted the hubs during any of the troubleshooting and rolling back. Too many irons in the fire.

At any rate, all is back to normal and future Apple betas will not be deploying automatically. Will add the AppleTV back this evening and see if that works.

3 Likes

Ahh the trials and tribulations of beta.,,..

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 360 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.