Alfred DB2-B stuck on initializing

I have had my Alfred for 10 months now and I am loving it. This is the first time I am having an issue.

It is no longer responding to lock and unlock commands from RM.

I first noticed this two nights ago. I have been keeping up with the software patches so I don’t know if it’s related or not. I have it connected to a C7 with S2 enabled of course.

Just getting to debugging a bit today. I don’t see any errors in the logs.

I can not lock/unlock from the device page either.

The state of the lock is being reported just as fast as it always has and is sending lock codes being detected etc. Everything’s else seems normal.

Operation from the Alfred app connected via BT is fine, so there isn’t any electromechanical issues. Batteries were at 55% but I replaced them just in case.

Just seeing if anybody else has issues before I factory reset the lock and reinclude.

Before you go the reset route, have you tried unpowering the Hubitat for a short while and then re-powering it?

1 Like

No. Will give it a whirl right now. Thanks.

1 Like

I've had the db2 for about 8 months and haven't had any issues. This is been the most consistent lock that I've had yet. I think the routing suggestion is a good choice.

1 Like

Ok. Did the shutdown and then unplugged for 30 mins while I went out on an errand.

No joy.

@jsarcone I agree. It’s been rock solid until this.

I might try rolling back SW a few notches.

Maybe 2.2.8.152 or something.

I just checked my two DB2s they're working fine on latest build

1 Like

@halfrican.ak

Thanks for the check.

I was only able to role back to 2.2.8.154. Tried it and same thing.

I will exclude tomorrow and factory reset and reinclude.

I would have done it tonight but I can’t remember how to exclude/include. I will have to dig out my documentation. I could only find the factory reset procedure online.

Well I am at a loss. I can not get this darn thing back on my zwave.

Gets stuck at initializing

Discover button in the zwave tables does nothing.

Tried shutdown/unplug on the C7

Soft reset the C7 and restored.

Even attempted the smart start through the app. Same outcome every time.

Edit: I’m starting to think the zwave module in the Alfred is acting up.

I already had a reply to my support ticket at Alfred and they are sending me a new zwave module.

I am impressed.

1 Like

Just an update

New zwave module from Alfred. No change. Still gets stuck on INITIALIZING after I type in the five digit S2 key.

Back in zwave details if I hit DISCOVER I get zwave busy messages.

Leaning on @bobbyD i have excluded my two Zooz double plugs that have always been in my system since receiving my C7. They have power reporting disabled or minimized where available and parameter 18 set.

Anyway they are now gone.

Inclusion of the DB2-B still gets stuck, busy messages still present when I try to discover.

Really running out of options but I am leaning towards thinking my hub is at fault.

My wife has already told me to just put in a regular lock. WHAT ?!?!?

Next I am going to try am inclusion of a zen76 that I have on the shelf in S2 mode to see if that is successful.

1 Like

update - zen76 got stuck at initializing as well.

@bobbyD is awesome. sent me a link to re-flash the FW in the zwave radio.

Bingo. I am back in business.

Wife unit still not happy with the days spent debugging, but she is happy to hear that an end is near.

2 Likes

Can you provide the link with info to re-flashing the FW. I'm experiencing the same situation moving to C7. Thanks

Oh man. That was a year ago I was having this issue so no I don’t have the link anymore.

This FW that Bobby upgraded me to has been further update since. I just looked and it looks like they took the zwave radio FW update button away.

I recommend you chat with @bobbyD

1 Like

It wasn't a re-flash perse. He upgraded the Z-Wave firmware to a version that it was in internal testing at that time (7.15, if I remembercorrectly). Since then, a newer version is publicly available. If you didn't update the Z-Wave firmware, give it a shot.

2 Likes