Alexa

That’s a good attitude. Don’t get to hung up with making it work right this minute (does not sound like you are). Support is very busy right now as a result of so many new users at once. @bobbyD is working very hard to get to everyone as quickly as possible.

Sure. I've got the box few days ago. At first, I built the zigbee backbone (I hate to use the external EU zwave usb key with my C-5 model … :slight_smile: ) with 3 repeaters (Ikea), then got some aqara (temperature and vibration) as I like the hard way…
Then I discovered it is possible to have limited control on my network audio reader (even if the driver was that of Onkyo instead of Pioneer).
Now I'm trying to code (as a sw silver fox, I never forgot how to push the keyboard). So I can survive a little before to integrate Alexa…

OK so I have a question again. I migrated back to ST over a year ago but am coming back as your platform appears to be more stable and has more support from the community.

I have a Hunter fan that is Alexa enabled. It shows up in Alexa as a Light switch and a Fan switch that I can control with my voice or in ST I use virtual motion switches to trigger actions in Alexa. Without motion switches in the Alexa integration does anyone have a way to control a device in Alexa since I cannot make a routine that triggers off of a switch in the Alexa app?

thanks

Hello,
I have spent a lot of time trying to get Alexa working with Hubitat but failed. I can get it to work by installing skill on alexa, but does not discover anything with the amazon echo skill without installing the Alexa Skill on alexa app. I read somewhere that this skill needs to be installed on the alexa side as well. can someone please clarify ?

Below is the errors in my logs :

(http://192.168.100.159/installedapp/configure/65)Error making Call to Alexa message gateway: {"header":{"namespace":"System","name":"Exception","messageId":"626c9c50-c103-4e87-8e93-b59c27dc5e67"},"payload":{"code":"INVALID_ACCESS_TOKEN_EXCEPTION","description":"Access token is not valid."}}

Yes the alexa skill has to be installed on you alexa app.. And you have to sign in to your hubitat account in the skill

2 Likes

Skill:

https://www.amazon.com/Hubitat-Inc/dp/B07DD58XX5/

1 Like

Thank you for the confirmation. For some reason, I read that with this newer app, no skill needed to be added , but guess I misunderstood. Now it's working with the hubitat skill added to my alexa app.

Thanks a lot !

2 Likes

Anytime

Is there any need to install the 2 built in Alexa Apps? What are they for?

Just enable the Hubitat Skill from within the Alexa Mobile App on your phone. It will then prompt you to log into your Hubitat Portal Account, and select your hub. You will then be able to select which devices to share with Alexa.

Afterwards, if you look at your Hub's list of installed Apps, you will see the "Amazon Echo Skill" app has been installed, and you can use it to add or remove devices from the Alexa integration.

2 Likes

Thanks for clarifying.

1 Like

Sure thing. The older, deprecated "Amazon Echo App" was Hubitat's early integration with Amazon Echo, and was very limited to simply being able to control switches and dimmers. The Hubitat Skill is what receives the support of the Hubitat Team these days, and it is much more functional.

2 Likes