Alexa Voice issue with LIFX

"XXXXXX doesn't support that" I have added the LIFX App and my bulbs, after some agony. I have deleted all other links to those bulbs and disabled the Alexa LIFX Skill. My only link is the Alexa Hubitat skill. I have one LIFX bulb on a legacy driver that turns on/off just fine using Hubitat, the dashboard, and the Alexa App on my Android tablet. But when I try to use Alexa voice she tells me Office(name of the bulb) doesn't support that, for the turn on or turn off command. I have tried the bulb set as a switch(original) or bulb and both work in the Android App, but neither work for voice. My other Hubitat devices work fine for voice control, including other LIFX bulbs.
Any help? Is there some esoteric setting in the device I am ignorant of? Thanks, again
Larry

Does the device actually show up in the Alexa app, and if so, does it show up as a swich or light? Wondering if maybe it shows up as something odd within Alexa and by editing the device there it may work.

Yeah, I said it operates fine via the App as either a switch or a bulb. It originally loaded as a switch, then I changed it to a bulb, Both work via the App, manually, but not via Voice, as stated above.
Larry

My suggestion would be to try changing the name of the bulb and see if it responds to that - which may indicate that Alexa is seeing something else with the same name.

Hey, good idea, I'll try it tomorrow, thanks
Larry

Fixed!!! Your idea about name gave me another idea. In the Alexa App, I had a group named Office and a device with the same name. When I deleted the bulb from Abode, Alexa also deleted the bulb from the group, leaving an empty group. When I executed a voice command, alexa apparently goes to a group first. With an empty group the command could do nothing. So I deleted the group and now the voice command controls the bulb! I expect I am not the first person to have transition pains from some other system(s) to Hubitat.
Larry

3 Likes