Alexa skill controls device but says the device is not responding

Recently I started to get (seldom) the device is not responding even though I have the respond immediately enabled

Is this back again with 2.2.5.120

I ask my echo to turn my computer on and the reply is "you don't have any vehicle skills enabled, look through the skills section in the alexa app, it also refuses to acknowledge that I have a bulb called lounge, but if I rename them and put them in a group and name the groups computer and lounge it works fine

She can be finicky like that sometimes, my best guess is that it is an Amazon issue not an Hubitat issue. Have you tried renaming your lounge device and see if she responds to the new name?

The echo responds to any other name and will respond to a group called either computer or lounge

And, what switches are those, please? Thanks very much. Also, what do you say to Alexa to change or set fan speeds? Thanks again.

Hi, once Hubitat can see the switch then Alexa seems to see fine, except some door locks and gates. I'm using the Nue switchs and a bunch of others. Aqara, Hue Bulbs, Tplink plug packs, Ikea etc.
Not using fans, but can set light level via Alexa -> Hubitat.
Cheers

I am giving thoughts to just ditching my Alexa routines, and going over entirely to Hubitat "rules" called for by Alexa via virtual switches. I will be tinkering with that in the next few days: build up a few very simple things involving Zigbee plugs. Once I get the hang of it, all my Routines will be switched over to Rules. No more of this nonsense with the fan controllers.