Alexa Routine Triggering Stopped Working

I've been using the user driver for virtually switches/motion detectors for several years to trigger Alexa routines. This has recently stopped working. Alexa will recognize the change in the virtual device but will no longer use the change to trigger a routine. Has anyone else experienced this and is there a fix?

Hmm, what about deleting and recreating the routine?

Been there, done that. I've set up new HE virtual devices and new Alexa routines. And if I manually run the Alexa routine, the actions execute.

For the last week or so I've had all sorts of routines fail periodically; not just the ones triggered by virtual devices and not all of them. I just chalked it up to Amazon issues. :man_shrugging:

Mine are working still.

Thanks for your response. My voice triggered Alexa routines are working. It's the ones that are triggered by the virtual switches from HE that the routines are not responding to. Are you using virtual switches and are they still triggering Alexa routines?

As a side note, the Alexa app still recognizes the virtual switches and records their state change. The app also allows you to select the virtual switch as a trigger for a routine. It just will not recognize the state change at the routine level to trigger a routing.

I just set up a test routine with a virtual motion sensor and it worked fine. I usually use virtual contact sensors to trigger the Alexa routines that aren't voice-triggered, and those have been working OK also.

Yes just tested mine and it does fire an Alexa routine via a virtual switch that I have on the dashboard.

I am having this exact same issue. Was there ever a resolution to this issue?

Welcome to the Hubitat community, sorry you are having troubles.

Can you describe your setup a bit?

• Which hub, what firmware is the hub on?
  • Is this something that never worked, or did your issues recently start?
  • If it worked, then didn't, did anything change on the hub like adding something new?
  • Did you get a new router or internet modem? Did you change the internet settings on the hub to a Static IP address?
  • Do other integrations work properly? Does the mobile app work properly?
  • What have you done to troubleshoot the issue?
  • Any errors in the logs?