Alexa Not Finding Your Devices?

I installed Echo skills , created a new amazon account to enable Alexa Hubitat skills , reboot the hub, Echo plus still couldn't discover devices. Any idea?

P.S. My router is Netgear R7000, Hub Firmware 1.1.3.116 . I can see token established for Hubitat and Echo from Amazon Echo Skills log through hub interface..

I was able to set up a GE dimmer switch for lamps in Alexa using the skills app. I am now trying to set up two virtual switches that I have created in Hubitat. They work as switches inside the hub but Alexa won't discover them. Any thoughts?

When I rename a device on Hubitat , the Alexa Hubitat app is not seeing that changed device name change and is still using the original name when I use voice commands. How do I get the Hubitat Alexa App to recognize the new name and for it to be pushed up to Alexa in the cloud?

Go into the alexa skill on your hubitat and then just hit "done". That will force it to refresh and see the new name. Without going in there the device name is still the old name.

1 Like

Thanks! I will get that a shot.

Brand new C5 HE. Alexa app installed (unfortunately the italian skill version Is not available). Created a virtual switch (the only device in HE). Checked It in the Alexa app. Alexa does'nt discover It (not by vocal command nor by app). Any idea ?

Still Alexa does'nt see my virtual switch created in HE.
I tried to submit a support ticket 1w ago. No answers…
May I suppose the still unsupported italian Alexa version is the problem?

Is there a reason that when discovering scenes in Alexa that they do not discover? But, when discovering Devices my HE scenes show up as devices?

I am using the HE Amazon Echo Skill. Does the Echo App discover HE scenes as Scenes in Alexa?
Which Integration is recommended App or Skill?

Thanks.

If you have access to the skill (not all countries do), then use the skill.

Alexa is probably discovering the virtual switch that is created with each of your HE scenes, which serves to activate the scene.

Realizing it still works and is not a show stopper, this is how the HE Alexa integration is setup to see scenes? There is no way to have HE scenes discovered as scenes as opposed to the virtual switches showing up as devices?

This is how it works. You can change it to a bulb if you want in the app. I works just the same with routines and groups in the Alexa app.

Thanks....Up and working like a champ!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.