Alexa lossing communication with C8 Power

There is a property where I installed C8 and about 30 Zooz devices (dimmers, door contacts, motion sensors) and two Echo Dots as voice assistants.

The property is located in an area that experiences power outages two to three times a week. These outages can last approximately 20 minutes and once the power returns, communication with Alexa is sometimes lost. Previously, the C8 was disconnected from the power for a few seconds and connected again and communication with Alexa was reestablished. Recently this solution stopped working. I would like to know if assigning fixed IPs to C8 and Alexa (I don't know if it can be done) would it solve the problem? Beside that all devices and routines that don't involve Alexa work well

Thank you for any feedback that can help me solve the problem

@RickyV Maybe a fix would be to get a UPS of some kind.
Especially since you only say they last 20 minutes or so you wouldn't need a very big one.
Most likely this would be the easiest fix also help with database problems rising up from power loses.

1 Like

Iโ€™ll second that. I have my main router, gateway, switch, and 3 HE hubs (as well as a couple strong repeaters) on a CyberPower 1500. It will last for at least 6 hours during an outage. Then you wonโ€™t have to worry about it not reconnecting.
You should assign the devices fixed IPs in your router.

1 Like

We are getting a UPS to connect the Wi-Fi Router and Modem. HE has a Konnected UPS that has worked well. Adding that new UPS plus assigning fixed IP addresses to HE and each Echo Dot could mostly solve the problem.

You mentioned 'help with database problems arising from power losses.' Can you elaborate on that? How can I check for Hub database health?

Thanks

1 Like

I don't know if it will fix this exact scenario, but you should always assign an IP address in your router for smart devices. Many things depend upon these being at a certain address at all times, and if/when your router reboots, it is likely to assign a new IP to devices, which halts communication between them.

1 Like