Alert priorities

How do you all manage alert priority. I have an alert that is informational that I wouldn't want to sound an alarm if my phone is on silent. However, if a leak sensor went off then I'd want an alarm to sound on my phone if it was on silent.

So how do you folks manage these types of notifications/alerts? How do you set them up and how to you distinguish between 2 or more types of notification priorities?

Thank you,
John

I think that would be dependent on the phone. I know folks have mentioned some Android apps can read notifications and take action. Maybe something like Automate can be setup to play a sound based on the notification text.

I use Pushover, using the slightly enhanced driver found here it allows you to set priority to the notification. On my IPhone by putting the [H] high priority indicator in front of my notification it will alert even if my phone is on silent.

You can also assign different sounds to the notifications

4 Likes

I believe the pushover notification priorities can be configured with the built-in driver too. The custom driver isnโ€™t required for that anymore, IIRC.

But I totally agree that this is one of the advantages of using the pushover integration for notifications.

2 Likes