Alarm triggered but Alarm disarmed

My HE setup for HSM is several door contact sensors (Iris v3 x6) and keypads (Iris v2 x3). I've noticed strange behavior in the last couple months whereby I disarm HSM either via a keypad OR the dashboard, the dashboard says disarmed, but when a door is opened, I still get an alarm notification on the dashboard / app and one or a couple keypads are alarming. I've also noticed that when I arm HSM, the keypads do their arming acknowledgment beeps for 10 ish minutes off and on.

Any thoughts on what is happening here?

I have no experience with Iris but I've seen that behavior when multiple keypads are addressed to the alarm on the same device address. It might be something similar.

You might like to take a look at @arnb’s app ...

1 Like

I have 4 keypad devices: 1 Xfinity, 2 Iris V2, 1 Iris V3 and have never experienced this condition. The only things I can think of that may cause this are: user defined modes, and or mis-configured HSM mode settings, or perhaps another app setting HSM's Status and HE's Mode.

Please Note: HSM adjusts HSM's arm state when the mode changes, suggest checking HSM's "Configure Arming/Disarming/Cancel Options" ---> "configure automatic arm/disarm" ---> Mode settings.

Update: one other thing to verify. Assuming the HSM system keypad drivers are being used, verify the keypads are defined in HSM's "Configure Arming/Disarming/Cancel Options" ---> "Use keypad(s) to arm/disarm"

1 Like