Alarm Monitoring Service Alerts

We are building a new home. I have organized various technology applications into separate ecosystems with the goal of a wired infrastructure and local control wherever possible. For example, I will be installing HE and HE compatible smart devices throughout the house for our "home automation" ecosystem. Another unit will be a home networking infrastructure with a dedicated VLAN for the HE ecosystem. I also plan to have an independent security monitoring service for selected devices, e.g. perimeter door sensors, glass break sensors, outdoor cameras, and heat/smoke/gas detectors. Thanks to this community, I have been able to sort though all of the options and recommendations for most of what I need to accomplish with the HE ecosystem. However, one area that is still a bit of a puzzle is the interaction with an independent monitoring service. What I want do is integrate settings on our security monitoring ecosystem with the HE ecosystem, e.g. when we set the security system to "away", I would like the HE ecosystem to receive that setting and have certain devices change to their "away" setting (via rules within HE). The same would apply when the security setting is "vacation". Can anyone give me guidance, advice, their experience, or warnings for this objective. NOTE: I am aware of Konnected security panels as one option. Is that the only one? Thanks in advance for any help ...

I don’t have experience with this as I have another solution, which is no longer available, but Envisalink would work too. Many community members are using it here and on SmartThings:

Alarm Decoder also has an appliance you can buy as well:
http://www.alarmdecoder.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/39/osCsid/ncpbe2503joggvnr7s9qru5ed3

There is a community integration for Alarm Decoder as well.

Both of these solutions act as a keypad on your alarm system allowing you to view updates and send codes.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.