Alarm Driver (SimpliSafe) in Rule Machine 4

I'm new to Hubitat. I'm trying to create a simple Rule that turns off the SimpliSafe alarm when the Mode turns to Day. I installed the Simplisafe driver, and created a virtual Simplisafe device.

In creating the rule:

• the trigger is set to be Mode->Day
  • I then go into Select Actions-> Run Custom Action.

I don't see Alarm under the capability of the action device drop down. Should i be using a different device?

Thanks in advance, Wil

Tagging @homeauto2112, as I am guessing you're using his Driver?

You'd get the best response by posting in the original author's thread below, as that is where the users of this particular integration will get notified of a new post.

P.S. Welcome to Hubitat!

Here is the list of capabilities.

TemperatureMeasurement, Switch, PresenceSensor, Alarm, WaterSensor, Polling, SmokeDetector, CarbonMonoxideDetector

The Run Custom Action section in Rule Machine 4 recognizes Temperature, Switch, Presence, Water Sensor, Carbon Dioxide detector, and Smoke Detectors.

But Alarm and Polling are not listed in the dropbox titled "Select capability of action device"

Just select "Temperature" from the drop down list. You will then be able to select the SimpliSafe device from your system. Once that is selected, you will be able to access all of its custom commands.

Thank you. That did the trick.

1 Like

Originally I was told to use Presence which has worked well for me.

Thanks. I will keep that in mind.

is there any driver update that will allow you to control door locks using the simplisafe smart door locks?

1 Like

I am starting to evaluate door locks so I'm interested in the answer to this as well.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.