Aladdin Connect

Just figure out which cable goes to the button, then see which terminals on the opener that it connects to. Then try shorting those with a single wire.

If that works, you should be able to connect a controlled relay in parallel (connected to same terminals as the opener button currently connects to, so that either can be used).

2 Likes

Yep, what @tomw says... I'm gonna guess slots 3 & 4, since it looks like double wires are going in 1 & 2, so I suspect those are from the two (floor-level) eye sensors .

2 Likes

Thanks. I'll try shorting those terminals. In the meantime, I guess I'll try out the cloud integration (might as well). Does it require tilt sensors? Looking at the code, it seems like it gets the door open/close status from the cloud. Has that proven reliable?

I think you are back to actually talking about my Aladdin Connect integration for Hubitat, correct?

Everything was self-contained as far as I could tell. If the particular Aladdin setup had sensors or other inputs for its implementation with the official app, then the statuses from those would show up in the APIs that I used.

@craigspree was the most detailed tester and could comment on any gotchas. Also, there's more discussion in this thread on the various features and debugging: Is it possible to use RM4 to control/report on my Genie Aladdin Garage (based on Postman success)? - #6 by tomw

3 Likes

Hi @tomw ,
Thank you for creating this integration with HE. I have been using it for over a year and been loving it. Within the last week, I have a strange issue where the garage door device (nested inside the Aladdin Connect system) stopped working. My user and password are still valid because I get a "good" commStatus on the connect system device when I send a refresh command.
My problem is on the component device door. I get unknown for battery, door, and rssi. Also when I send a close or open command, I get a commStatus: error. Below is what I get from the debug log. Not sure where to start to resolve this, but if you have time to point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks

dev:292022-02-23 04:56:40.292 pm debugclose() failed: Cannot invoke method getAt() on null object

dev:292022-02-23 04:56:30.295 pm debugopen() failed: Cannot invoke method getAt() on null object

I have a new version in work for the cloud changes that are rolling out to some people's systems. I sent you a PM to see if you want to test out the new code.

Thank you. Yes, I would be interested in trying it out

1 Like