Aircoookie WLED integration to HE

Whatever is issuing the latest command to WLED will initiate the change. The MQTT driver by muxa would give you more real-time updates on the device.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. I'm not really sure what the crack is with webcore/custom commands. =/

Hey Blink,

This has been working great for me since you added the ability to control brightness per segment and I've added a handful more devices around the house now that I can dive up the segments properly.
More of a question than a request: is it possible to have control of both the master brightness and the segment brightness in the same driver? I've actually kept both versions of the driver so that I can use which ever version will work better for the given application, but even with that, I still keep encountering scenarios where a preset that changes the master brightness messes up changing the segment brightness and I can't get around it without pulling out my phone to fix it with the wled app.
I've been looking over the code to see if I can implement this myself but with my limited understanding of the commands used, I get the impression that hubitat drivers only allow for a single brightness dimmer, so I can't just add another button for master or segment brightness.
The other thought I had was to nest each segment as a child device with per segment controls into a master device that can change everything at once when appropriate. Would that even be possible?
I'm trying to piece together how that would work by comparing the code for your two driver versions and that for a couple different double outlets I have. I'm not even sure if that'll be possible to do, so I might end up wasting months of my life for no reason, lol.

Thanks.
And thanks again for the changes you implemented in the spring.

Does anyone know if this driver is compatible with WLED version 0.11.0? I just got up and running yesterday and flashed 0.11.0 to a Dig Uno ESP8266 controller. When I installed this driver and entered the IP address (doubled checked it was correct and included the http:// prefix), I get a number of state variables populated but clicking "on" and "off" does not change my light strip. I got things working in Home Assistant but can't seem to get them working here in Hubitat. Trying to figure out if 0.11.0 might not be compatible before I do more troubleshooting.

I have been using the driver with a new build using version 0.11.0 for a week or two now (I can't remember exactly when I finish putting it together) and it works just the same as with previous versions.
Having said that, I installed the driver sometime in the spring and I'm not aware if any changes have been made since then.
Maybe double check that you have your segment enumerated as 0, assuming you just have one segment. That was a mistake I made the first time I used it, putting 1 instead.

1 Like

Hi @justinrsteele and @blink

I am having the same issue, I have loaded WLED 0.11.1 and I can get all the info about WLED but if I turn off via the device page about 2 seconds later it automatically turns on again. If the strip is on via the WLED app and I try turn it off from HE, it does not do anything? I have the URL correct http://192.168.0.26, I have segment set to 0 and update rate is 30 seconds??

Can anybody help?

I would like to be able to cycle through random colors and effects with the press of a remote button in each of my kids rooms. Any chance this driver will allow me to do this?

Were you able to get this working? I’m also having trouble getting WLED to turn off, also running 0.11.1. Thanks.

Hi @TroyP @blink

No I was not able to get this to work, so I have disabled the rule currently. Was hoping someone would come up with the solution.

Mine did indeed start working, and I was able to add a second controller and get that up and running consistently as well. I'm honestly not sure what made it work as I did not change any settings after my troubleshooting, and when I added the second controller, it worked from the start.

@justinrsteele

Is your's running the 0.11 or the 0.11.1 ?

Both, actually. My first controller is running 0.11, my second controller is running 0.11.1.

I did some research on the WLED API and reviewed the HE driver. It seems that the Off command was passing the wrong value, so I made a change in the driver and it’s working now.

def off() {
sendEthernetPost("/json/state","{\"on\":false, \"seg\": [{\"id\": ${ledSegment}, \"on\":false}]}")    
sendEvent(name: "switch", value: "off")

}

3 Likes

Thanks Troyp

Will give that a go and see if it works.

Thanks so much for creating this! I love the effects you can get with WLED and the interface it provides via web and a smart phone so being able to also include these into Hubitat is awesome!

Any chance you could add the ability to pick a random effect into the driver? I have some LED strips in my kid's rooms and this would make it super simple for them to use a Pico remote to cycle through random effects.

After some playing around and help from the community, I was able to generate a random effect at the press of a button without any modifcation to the device driver. Here's how I did it if anyone wants to do the same and comes across this post in the future:

Hello has anyone figured out multiple segment mapping. I've fixed the off command but cannot send proper effects as my setup has a segment 1 and 2.

This would be handy for sure. I'm not sure if @blink is still working on this driver at all as I haven't seen them post about it much since releasing the driver.

I made multiple wled drivers with the same ip address. Changed the segments for each one. My one controller has 4 segments, And I can control all 4 segments separately. Finding the right effect is still a guessing game but once I found them I made a rule to turn on that segment to that effect.

1 Like

Just installed and works well. Couple of questions... I'm currently using WLED with Hyperion for a TV Ambilight setup. Is there a way to change the LOR in order to override the Hyperion input (and then change it back in order to start Hyperion input again)? Also, any way to also change the brightness, effect speed, and effect intensity?