Aircoookie WLED integration to HE

Thanks for the update! Much appreciated. If you get to per segment brightness/on/off someday, that'll be even better, but the changes you made will definitely help.

I think the per segment brightness adjustment may have been added with the last update as I don't recall seeing it before and I just updated all of my nodeMCUs this week. It may very well be scaling the RGB values together instead of adjusting overall brightness but that would make sense. I wonder if that would affect the "stepping" in brightness I get when my one strip fades on and off because there's not a lot of resolution as I run it at brightness of 8 or does the brightness paramater just scale the RGB values through the step automatically anyway?

You're right, looks like 0.10.0 introduced some settings at the segment level. Should be able to turn on/off individual segments now. I haven't thoroughly tested it. Let me know if you run into problems with the latest commit.

Thank you am able to use it now

hi guys have set this up
created a virtual using wled driver i can turn it on i can select color but off doesn't work
using wled 0.9.0-b1
any ideas

I have it working with Wled .10

1 Like

Thanks Pat i upgraded to 0.10.0 and all is working
Cool i can turn it off

great news

I have a second one I am working to get running correct wleds is installed and working but something is wrong the led strip never turns on. Frustratingly it's a clone of the one I have working (Dig-UNO by Quindor). The blue light on the one that isn't working is NOT on but I don't know what if anything that means....

I'm having a problem aswell, can turn my strip on but not off, also it dosn't seem to update the status if i turn it on via the app. Running the latest driver and version 0.10.0 of wled.

Scratch that seems to be working now.

1 Like

replaced a defective ESP board all good

Thanks for your work on this code. I was able to get the integration working on one WLED on a D1Mini. It works well and I have it in a rule that works well.

Now, when I try to add a second one, it doesn't work. When I try to turn the light off or on, it doesn't work. The error in the logs is
something went wrong: org.apache.http.client.ClientProtocolException

I have tried it on other D1Mini's and NodeMCUs.

Any ideas?

Oh man. I figured it out. I left off the http:// before the IP address! Dumb mistake! I'm so glad it works now tho.

How is this thing playing out?

Ive ordered my wleds and I'm eager to have a play for Xmas!

=p

1 Like

Is there an easy way to select the effect? Seems a bit of trial and error. Great stuff though!

I'm mostly using the MQTT driver but I have this one installed on one WLED instance.

This one is far easier to set up, no need for an MQTT server. Just remember to put http:// in front of your ip address. It responds instantly. Picking effects is a bit cumbersome as it expects numbers to be entered.

1 Like

Thanks. I'll try sticking with aircookie/wled if possible. I'm just trying to get my head around this before I start snipping =p

Forgive the pics, very little free time !

Current setup works for whole strip. I.e

If I half the strip, will these two setups work as (badly!) Illustrated ?

Single segment.

1 segment, split into 2 identical strips

?

TIA

Both setups will work as you understand, as long as you keep the direction of the data line as indicated on the strips by the arrows.

PS should also connect power and GND :crazy_face: for them to work.

1 Like

Haha....

@blink

hi all. can't figure out how to change the intensity / speed via webcore commands. Is this possible?

This is all I can see. So at the minute I think I need to set some options through wled itself, then as long as nothing changes, I can control the simple stuff from webcore.

Was hoping there might be a way of controlling more from webcore without needing to log onto the web interface / or click on device options... to automate as much as poss.

Am I not quite grasping something? Any help much appreciated =)

This might be foolish, but is there a way to deconflict this and Prismatik? I'm using WLED and Prismatik for reactive bias lights, and have this set up as well, but I think as long as Prismatik is running commands from this will effectively be overridden. The real goal is just to be able to have real on/off control either from a button or by voice.

Sorry, don't use WebCORE so couldn't really help with this one. The setEffect command takes multilple arguments which include speed and intensity. It's a custom command though, so it might not be supported by WebCORE?