Air Quality Monitor Recommendations

Relatively small. Here are the product dimensions:

1 Like

I thought that was feet for a second... :flushed:

I am using Ecowitt WH45 Air Quality plus few Temp/Hum Sensor (one is outdoor)
with Ecowitt WiFi Gateway custom driver. You do need Ecowitt Gateway.
The connection is LAN/WiFi but integration is local, no cloud in a middle.
However Ecowitt App is collecting and graphing all data in a cloud.
I am using this setup for more than a year and did not have any single problem.

Initially I moved WH45 around my apartment (i bed, 1000ft2) but reading was/is
about the same. So, sensor final location is in a kitchen/living room are.
I was thinking maybe I will need more than one WH45 but it looks like
single sensor is good enough (at least in my environment).

1 Like

The only thing I wish the WH45 could measure is VOCs. Maybe the next version will.

Any news abour Awair? I've Git One at a very good price and It Is currently on the way.
I dud'nt know the Company was att risk

Is there a difference between the GW1000 and GW1100? Would both work with this integration?

Don't know the difference - apart from that the GW1100 is newer. But they both work with the integration.

Edit - Here's the difference from ecowitt.com. The built-in web server in the GW1100 is an added convenience that I use routinely. There are some additional details on wxforum.net.

1 Like

I've been using this device for many years now:

I love it and it has an API, but I'm not savvy enough to build a driver for HE. It does support IFTTT integration, but IFTTT polls only every hour so its kinda useless. Ideally, I'd love for my thermostat fan to kick on when the sensor crosses a pollution threshold... usually when I burn something in the kitchen :wink:

I just sent a Frient I bought to @mike.maxwell to look at so I don't know how well it will do but Frient has a good rep so I'm hopeful.

Thank you for this. I was about to pull the trigger on buying a Foobot, as it seems the only affordable device to measure CO2 that can directly connect to Hubitat. However since my main goal is to obtain CO2 measurements, a device that only estimates CO2 is useless to me.

@rlithgow1
As a result of your post, I looked up the Frient Air Quality sensor. It appears to be a zigbee device (YEAH!) that measures VOC, Temp and Humidity. It appears its availability is limited to the European/UK market, and that it is affordable.

So for those seeking to measure VOCs in that area of the world, this device may a great solution if it can get integrated into Hubitat.

My search for a sub $100 CO2 sensor that integrates with Hubitat directly continues...

They will be releasing it the US through amazon likely according to @AABfrient. I know they're working on it. I got mine on ebay which is why I have it in the US. They sent @mike.maxwell their entire line so he's working with them on drivers. They seem like a good bunch of folk and hope to see their products here in the US soon.

Currently one doesn’t exist. However, the device linked below integrates locally with Hubitat (as long as you have the ecowitt WiFi gateway, which costs $25-30).

ECOWITT WH45 Indoor 5-in-1 Air Quality Sensor, with PM2.5 / PM10 / CO2 / Temperature/Humidity Detection Sensor.

https://a.co/d/clErDug

@aaiyar : Thank you so much for the reply. I have googled that device a bit. Looks like it is currently $130 on Amazon + $30 for the wifi gateway.

I now have so many devices that need to plug into wifi for their gateways that I don't have any more ports left on my router....Sigh....

This entire project has me so discouraged - before I bought a Hubitat, and before I understood anything, I searched these forums, saw that someone posted integration with Airthings, so I bought an Airthings Wave plus, thinking I could get the CO2 and Radon readings into Hubitat. I had no idea how difficult all of this would be. The Wave Plus monitors Radon, so unless I replace that functionality, I will be keeping the Wave Plus. Turns out the Wave Plus won't integrate to Hubitat unless I buy a RaspberryPi. So frustrating.

The gateway connects to your router by WiFi (not ethernet).

All I can tell you is that all the ecowitt sensors I have are super reliable and very accurate.

What @aaiyar said about the ecowitt. That said all you need to do is add a switch to your router if you need more ports. Maybe something simple like a netgear unmanaged gigabit hub (or splurge 20 bux more and get the poe version) and simply connect that to your router so you have spare ports.

If you look through the forum you will find many of us have also gone down the pi/nas server/nuc route to bring in many devices that don't work with HE. It is initially frustrating but provides much more flexibility in the long run.