Air Gradient Air quality monitor

Has anyone here written seen or been involved with integrating a DIY Air Gradient air quality monitor. I recently jumped into it with the DIY Pro presoldered version. Looks pretty nice, monitors several thing and you can enhance it by adding your own sensors.

The default setup monitors CO2, Pm2.5 and PM10, temp and humidity. Looks like it will easily add TVOC's as well. I am thinking about creating a virtual driver for it and integrating it into HE. The device has the ability to post its stats to a remote system so with MakerAPI it shouldn't be hard to get it into HE.

1 Like

No, but please do tell more as I want to do this as well.
In fact I just ordered the Amazon version of this in the short-term to see if I could hook up routines and alerts, but I'd much prefer a DIY.

This is rather timely. I just received my basic kit in the mail and it's up and running with their dashboard. I'd love to integrate it with Hubitat.

Ok so I have this working with HE I will create a thread to publish the simple driver and then link it here. it wasn't to complicated, the virtual driver is very simple with pretty much just one command, and a little bit of backend math to calculate the AQI. Then a adjustment to the Adriuno sketch it uses was needed to connect it to the maker api instance.

Not to hijack the thread, but that's easy to do. Set up virtual switch in Hubitat. Export it to Alexa with Amazon Echo Skill. In Alexa, set a routine to turn on the switch when PM2.5 above a certain amount, and set a second routine to turn off the switch when it's below a certain amount.

1 Like

I think that is only good if you want to trigger a action in HE based on one or two specific events in Alexa.

What i have provided for the Air gradient kit allows it to effectively be used as a Temp, humidity, Co2, or PM sensor. Then you can trigger off various changes in values. Which is much more flexible.

You can also swap out the sensors for others if you want to for other data as well like pressure, Nox or CO.

It can also be nice to collect the data in a external source so you can analyze it.

1 Like

Right. Your solution is great, but it only works with the kit. I was making a side comment to someone who was trying out the Amazon sensor, which is only accessible, as far as I know, through Alexa. Thus the comment about hijacking the thread. Direct solutions, such as yours, will almost always be better, when available.

2 Likes