After a Power Hit, I only see Blue LED

My Hubitat LED never gets to Green.
Looking for suggestions to gain access and recover my Hubitat C5.

After a recent power hit, my Hubitat LED stays Blue. I Have been able to see it on my network using Chrome, and the IP address:8081.

From the menu that appears the Reboot only gets to 75% and then it hangs.

What happens around 75%? Is there anything I can do to recover?

Also, I know I had backed up by previous configurations, but a search of both my C: and D: Drives do not find any *.LZF files. Is there a different naming configuration I can search for to find backup files? I would have, more than likely, used the default location when creating a backup and Not changed to a different directory.

Hoping to hear from someone, so I can get this back online.

Thanks for Reading this
Bill

It could be busy trying to recover. The Hub uses a DB and it can get corrupted. During a reboot, the DB is checked and if it's found to be corrupted, it will rewind to the previous on-board DB, and then the one before that.. and so on til it checks all of the saved DB (Backups)

Wait.

OR

Using the Diagnostic Menu, do a Soft Reset then restore one of your PC saved Hub Backups. (Not one from the hub)

Thanks for the info csteele!

Am I correct backup files should end with .lzf entensions. If this is true, than i do not know what happened to my backups and I'm what they say; "Up the creek without a paddle".

Also, do you think leaving it on with the blue led over night might give me positive results?

Thanks
Bill

You need to manually do a backup to your PC from the hub otherwise they are just stored onboard the hub. If you havn't done one yourself then you won't have any locally stored unfortunately.

I was afraid you were going to tell me that.

BUT does anyone know the extension of the backup file after it is downloaded to the PC?

Sure... it is a .lzf extension.

1 Like

That is true when you cannot access the Diagnostic Tool. But if the Diagnostic Tool is available, so are the backups that are stored on the hub. They would be accessible to be restored after a Soft Reset.

Thank You ogiewon

2 Likes

I would try to restore a previous version first, if that doesn't work, try a Soft Reset. See my PM for more details.

https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=Hubitat_Diagnostic_Tool

THANKS bobbyD, THANKS EVERYONE (For your advice and help!!!!)

Following BobbyD's advice, I did a Soft Reset and got a Green Light! As my Grand-Daughter would say; "YYYyaaaaaaaaaaa"

Next went into the Backup/Restore Setup menu and restored my most recent backup from 2:00AM last night.

All my devices have returned - All my Apps are back and All my Rules have been recovered.

AGAIN, Thank Everyone Very Much! I appreciate your knowledge, patience and willingness to help. I Truly Appreciate you guys!

Bill

4 Likes

Very cool...all your everything is belong to you again. :slight_smile: Good way to start the weekend.

Available to us, though? :slight_smile: I remember one of the staff members saying that they'd be made accessible from the diagnostic tool at some point in the future, but I don't see that in the current public release.

1 Like

Available to restore after a Soft Reset. Updated my post for clarification.

1 Like

FWIW I only consider those backups I download as "backups". I download a backup after I've made some changes.