Aeotec ZW120 Door/Window Sensor under 2.2.4

I have been trying to Include several Aeotec ZW120 contact sensors into my new Hubitat C7. Every time I attempt to Discover the device, I end up with "Initializing" displaying forever. Bobby in Support said that this is because it is trying to connect securely and I need to move over to Z-Wave Details and hit the Discover button. Unfortunately, this has no effect. Nor, do I think I am trying to Include securely. Problem happens with two different sensors that were unpaired from another working system. Units are immediately beside the Hubitat C7. And, I was able to Include another unit when using 2.2.3.

Suggestions on things I might try?

Did you exclude them in Hubitat, before trying to include them? You should always do this even if you excluded them from the original hub.

And it sometimes helps to temporarily shut the other hub down if it is still on. Some hubs are "greedy" and won't let go of a device even if it appears you excluded it.

I also would try a shutdown from the settings menu, pull the power plug for a minute or two, then boot.

Can you give us a screenshot of your Zwave settings page (device list)?

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestions. Before I could try them, I tried yet another inclusion after a night with no device additions. All worked well on first try this morning for both of the devices I struggled with yesterday.

Still getting familiar with Hubitat, and struggling a bit, but very glad to have moved over. Appreciate all the community suggestions!

Well, may have spoken too soon. While the devices paired quickly, it seems that they are not responding to open/close positions even though they are just 3 feet away from the hub.

In researching further, I find that the one ZW120 sensor that reports correctly is a type 258 whereas the two ZW120 sensors that don't report status are type 2. How might this have happened? And, more importantly, if this is the reason the two are not working, how do I go about updating the type number?

Here is a clip of the Z-Wave settings for the one that works

and, the two that don't work.

Further suggestions on how to proceed? Note that I expect delivery of two range extenders this evening and plan to use them to improve the mesh, but this seems like a different issue.

Am finally able, after multiple, multiple tries, to get an Aeotec ZW120 door/window sensor to include. The LED on the device seems to indicate the open/close transition status, but I don't see this on the Current States list on Devices page. All I see is the battery status.

Is there some trick to display the contact status? I think that it loaded the correct driver:

Am I missing something?

OK, making progress. Lots of button pushing, tamper, action, battery in and out, etc. Am finally getting most of my ZW120 sensors to flash the LED when opening and closing. I can see Debug messages indicating these actions, but am unable to get the Devices page to show correct Current States. And, obviously, the dashboard tiles are not showing correct open/close status. I've rebooted and refreshed dashboard, etc., but without success on some of my sensors. Note that several, identical ZW120 sensors work as expected.

Seems to be a Device update issue. Note that all units are being tested within 3 feet of hub. Please point me to tutorial or Community comments on this issue.

Might this be a 2.2.4 issue as I didn't experience it when setting up the first two sensors under 2.2.3?

I am having similar issues with the same sensors. These sensors work perfectly with my Smartthings Hub and also with my Vera Lite Hub. I have lots of these installed and not prepared to make the $$ investment to replace them.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.