Aeotec Window/Door Sensor 7 Shows Only Battery Level

I just got an Aeotec Window/Door Sensor 7. I've successfully paired it without security, but the only thing the device is reporting in the battery level. I found a two year old thread about waking the device to get it to report more, and I've tried everything suggested there. I've tapped the tamper sensor, the LED flashes, but nothing else ever gets reported. I've moved the magnet back and forth, and I see the red LED, but nothing ever shows in Hubitat. It looks like the sleep time is 12 minutes. Do I just have to wait and hope this thing starts showing the open/close status?

Here's the device info. It's been 30 minutes since it was added and still nothing.

I excluded it and then repaired it. Now it shows the tamper state and nothing else. And less info is showing in the device area.

That is not an improvement.

Paired it again. Now I get tamper and battery. Still no open/close sensor.

Apparently pairing and unpairing it nine times finally gets it to give you all the sensors.

Well, I know I'm talking to myself, but I did the second door sensor, and after about 40 pairings, the best I could ever manage was to get the tamper and contact sensors. The battery almost never appeared, and never with the contact sensor. The two I really wanted were battery and contact, but given that the contact sensor only appeared 3 times out of 40 attempts, I finally gave up and am living with one door sensor that doesn't know it's battery level. I'm really hope someone else has some suggestions.

Frankly I am mostly fed up with the Hubitat due to its, bugs inconsistent operation, complexity and often less than helpful support. for me it seems much like a hobbyist or tinkerers device than one for general consumer usage. While having local access, a reasonable price, and many features with slightly better support than Vera I have lately been quite disappointed with it. What I am now looking at is the currently not released Homey Pro hub with lots more flexibility, and given is premium price point hopefully better, more consistent operation with hopefully better support. It was originally set for release this month but has been pushed back till May, hopefully to cleanup bugs that may have surfaced during testing. Some of its attractions is that cloud storage for it is $10 per YEAR and HomeKit compatibility, along with Z-Wave, Zigbee and WiFi. It, like Hubitat, is local operation. I plan to research it when released and definitely NOT consider purchasing the C8 upgrade before evaluating it as the software for the C7 & C8 is the same which likely means to me that the bugs in both units are similar if not identical. My goal is to get a hub with local operation that is user friendly to configure, works consistently and reliably, allows me to easily adjust optional device parameters, and does not and/or generate its own problems with the included tools to fix them. Is that too much to ask for?

Right now I am being told from support that in order to fix issues that the Hubitat generated I have to buy another device for ~$40 to fix it, go through a complex process to fix the issue, which may not work, or reset the entire device and start setup from scratch, all due to a corrupted device database. This is why I am seeking out an alternative.

The last battery level finally showed up this morning. It took over 12 hours, so I guess there is some kind of update that had to happen from the door/window sensor that only happens every once in awhile. No idea why one of them showed all the sensors after only nine tries and this one only showed all the sensors after 12 hours, but I'm not going to worry about it.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.