Aeotec Water Sensor 6 - temp sensor questions

I recently purchased an Aeotec Water Sensor 6 with Dock as my first water/temp sensor.
It is powered through the dock using an external micro-USB power supply.
I have it successfully operating using the driver that ships with HE 2.2.3.148.
I have a couple of questions related to the temp sensor ...

Forum discussions talk about tempOffset.
I see that this device has tempOffset:0
I do not see a way to control tempOffset through the GUI.
Q: Is the lack of ability to set tempOffset a deficiency in the driver?
Q: Is there a way to set tempOffset by sending commands directly to the unit?

I observe from the logs that the unit generally sends the temp every hour ... generally because sometimes it skips a few hours.
The temp will also get sent if I explicitly press the button on the unit.
I would like to update the temp more than once per hour, but do not see a way to control this.
Q: What/How is the temp update frequency controlled?
Q: Is there a way to "encourage" the unit to update the temp more than once per hour?

Thanks!

I've found sometimes the Hubitat drivers offer basic functionality but a custom community-developed driver provides more. I use the Aeotec multi sensor and have found that to be the case. I did a quick search and found a community driver for the water sensor as well. I don't have one of their water sensors so I can't try it, but here's the link...

Thanks very much for your prompt response.
I have never tried a custom driver, but looks like this is a good time to learn :slight_smile:

This particular device has a second community driver as well - one from @bcopeland:

It's really pretty simple... I have a bunch of them and they work fine. Reach out if you need further assistance.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.