Aeotec water sensor 6 Device handler

I don't think so but will ckeck

I got a little lost on this thread so let me ask for an update:

1. The Generic Z-Wave Water Sensor controller does NOT work for the Aotec Water Sensor 6 - Correct?
  2. Does someone have an updated custom driver? I can't find what someone referred to here.
  3. HE - Are you guys going to make an officially supported driver for this device? (Please!)

Thanks.

It does work just not 100%

I do it's not released as it's too buggy it's just a direct port from their website which is a ST driver.

I'm hoping too :slight_smile:

Thanks Borris. I'm seeing odd non-behavior. It paired easily. but now I'm getting nothing when it alarms - nothing in my logs at all. Any ideas?

It's not paired secure is it? I haven't actually tested it for ages :slight_smile: so maybe it doesn't work at all! I swapped it with the general one when I was having hub shut downs then did some other stuff and haven't gone back to test it.

Actually, it is communicating. I can see events in the device events window, but nothing is showing up in the logs (even with Debug Logging on), and it isn't triggering my SMS notification. Arg.

Any updates on this? I am using the Aeotec water sensor 6 on with the leads on a problematic sewer line that backs up occasionally. I had it installed with the generic driver and it didn’t fire correctly this weekend...

Probably best to tag @mike.maxwell hopefully it's somewhere on his floor in a long list of devices to do :wink:

It isnt...

How come an aeotec doesn’t make the cut?

I don't have one, and currently I have plenty of other requests in the Q...

1 Like

If it'd help make the queue, I'll let you borrow one of mine?

Thanks, but that won't help right now.

NP, just LMK if that changes. Offer remains open.

1 Like

@marlowefamily, did you get your port for the water sensor to work? Would you mind sharing the code? Cheers

1 Like

@mike.maxwell Heck, I'll split the cost of one with you or maybe even buy you one!

1 Like

Hey I offered first. I’ll buy Mike two of em. :crazy_face:

1 Like

Hi @mike.maxwell did you get round to creating the DH for this?

There is a community one that works perfectly.

Not sure if he has built it into the community installer yet though?

1 Like

AWESOME!! thankyou thankyou thankyou

i can now FINALLY ditch my ST hub...that part of my life can now be relegated to box labelled "Betamax", "Clipsal CBUS" and "Internal Combustion Engines". :face_with_monocle:

contented sigh

3 Likes