Aeotec water sensor 6 Device handler

Hi is there any plan to make a DH for the Aeotec water sensor 6? I have just got one and realized there doesn't seem to be a handler for it :disappointed_relieved:

I also have a aoetec shutter that I'm guessing is going to need a DH for.

you can try: Generic Z-Wave Water Sensor
if it works please post up the fingerprint, we'll get it added to the driver.

Testing now, I did find a ST one on aeotec's website which I have partly ported as well which seems to work fine.

The generic one does work but doesn't show which probe triggered or the vibration sensor and temperature sensor.

* deviceType:  **2**
* configured:  **true**
* zwaveSecurePairingComplete:  **true**
* inClusters: **0x5E,0x85,0x59,0x80,0x70,0x7A,0x71,0x73,0x31,0x86,0x84,0x60,0x8E,0x98,0x72,0x5A**
* deviceId:  **122**
* manufacturer:  **134**

@mike.maxwell is this what you needed?

ah, didnt realize this was a multi purpose jobbie...

Yeah all singing all dancing, especially once it's on the dock.

I went all out and got everything needed to complete the house and have tried to stick with aeotec.

Have the window sensor 6 : this is picked up as a generic contact sensor and I think that's all it is and works fine.

Nano dimmer : I don't think there is currently a DH for this unless it's been added to the latest update?

Edit: nope I can't get this working @mike.maxwell is there any plan for these devices?

Multi sensor 6 : this hasn't arrived yet so not sure if there is a DH.

Dual nano switch : haven't tried this one yet.

Nano shutter : as this is brand spanking new and isn't even released on their website I'm guessing there isn't anything for it.

Then Fibaro dimmer 2 : I need the scene capabilities to control a ZigBee light but I don't think there is a official DH for this yet?

So if you need anything from the products to get them supported let me know.

@BorrisTheCat have you had much luck with the water sensor? I’m not seeing anything around yet and I just got one. Doesn’t even want to work with the generic driver, ugh!

Doesn’t scream when I get the probes wet, maybe the one I got was already used (tape was cut and dirty, no battery tab, screws already in...) and broken. Or does it require proper communication before the alarm will activate like other z-wave water sensors.

Edit: never mind on the sensor not working. I disassembled and looks like the top PCB wasn’t seated correctly around a screw hole, so a couple of the contacts weren’t ever working. Generic driver now functioning. But would be great still to see the temp and such.

I ported the anotec official ST one which does the job and I can share? But it would be nice to have a official HE one. Same with the rest of the new products.

@mike.maxwell is there any plans for this? I noticed posts today about secure joining bringing down there mesh so found 2 devices that were joined, anoyingling the one I ported from Aeon website is a secure only driver :frowning:

Does your port still work? I tried searching for it and couldn't find it.
I did find the one that smartthings seems to be using, but it is depending on some other library/module 'physicalgraph' and my import failed.

unable to resolve class physicalgraph.zwave.commands.securityv1.SecurityMessageEncapsulation @ line 113, column 16. unable to resolve class physicalgraph.zwave.commands.securityv1.SecurityCommandsSupportedReport @ line 125, column 16. unable to resolve class physicalgraph.zwave.commands.versionv1.VersionCommandClassReport @ line 129, column 16. unable to resolve class physicalgraph.zwave.commands.configurationv1.ConfigurationReport @ line 133, column 16. unable to resolve class physicalgraph.zwave.commands.configurationv2.ConfigurationReport @ line 137, column 16. unable to resolve class physicalgraph.zwave.commands.powerlevelv1.PowerlevelTestNodeReport @ line 171, column 16. unable to resolve class physicalgraph.zwave.commands.versionv1.VersionReport @ line 178, column 16. unable to resolve class physicalgraph.zwave.commands.firmwareupdatemdv2.FirmwareMdReport @ line 184, column 16. unable to resolve class physicalgraph.zwave.commands.manufacturerspecificv2.ManufacturerSpecificReport @ line 188, column 16. unable to resolve class physicalgraph.zwave.commands.basicv1.BasicReport @ line 202, column 16. unable to resolve class physicalgraph.zwave.commands.basicv1.BasicSet @ line 207, column 16. unable to resolve class physicalgraph.zwave.commands.switchbinaryv1.SwitchBinaryReport @ line 212, column 16. unable to resolve class physicalgraph.zwave.commands.sensorbinaryv1.SensorBinaryReport @ line 217, column 16. unable to resolve class physicalgraph.zwave.commands.sensoralarmv1.SensorAlarmReport @ line 222, column 16. unable to resolve class physicalgraph.zwave.commands.notificationv3.NotificationReport @ line 227, column 16. unable to resolve class physicalgraph.zwave.commands.wakeupv1.WakeUpNotification @ line 268, column 16. unable to resolve class physicalgraph.zwave.commands.batteryv1.BatteryReport @ line 284, column 16. unable to resolve class physicalgraph.zwave.commands.sensormultilevelv5.SensorMultilevelReport @ line 295, column 16. unable to resolve class physicalgraph.zwave.Command @ line 310, column 16. unable to resolve class physicalgraph.zwave.Command @ line 479, column 17.

The DH from @csteele works awesome for the multisensor 6.

@inetjnky Water sensor vs Multisensor :wink:

@marlowefamily 'physicalgraph' is the ST method. Search replace physicalgraph --> hubitat

Thank you so much!

Yeah it does, I think it's on my github. But I'm currently not using it as I had to do a soak test with stock DH for all my devices where possible. This is the next device to swap back after a few more days.

I think I found the issue driver and i have fixed it. There were some typos in the original code and no ability to turn off the debugging. Then with 15 or so devices running and constantly producing debugging each it bogged down my hub.

Also very interested in this device working properly as I want to use about a dozen of them.

@BorrisTheCat are you saying your ported driver has the constant debugging issue? Does the stock one work well just for water sensing only but without debugging issue?

I don't think so but I cant remember to be sure. Once I look at it again if it does I will fix it like I've fixed the other one that was for a Fibaro UBS that i had issues with.

the stock one does work, but it dose not report the 2 different areas if your using the dock like I am. It also doesn't report tamper/ vibration. But the one I ported from the website reports it all I just need to be sure before I can add it back in.

1 Like

Thanks! No rush my friend. I also have docks so that’s good for me too.

well, I might have over done it....I've generally liked the aeotec gear, so bought 5 docks and 7 water sensor's....

One thing I noticed about the water sensor is they can't be a repeaters, even if they are powered. I've done my soak test and I tried adding the driver back in last night but it does need some work. It's abit complex so not sure I'm the right person to fix it.

@mike.maxwell is the Aeotec water sensor 6 on your list anywhere?

I don't think so but will ckeck

I got a little lost on this thread so let me ask for an update:

1. The Generic Z-Wave Water Sensor controller does NOT work for the Aotec Water Sensor 6 - Correct?
  2. Does someone have an updated custom driver? I can't find what someone referred to here.
  3. HE - Are you guys going to make an officially supported driver for this device? (Please!)

Thanks.