Aeotec water leak sensors hit or miss

Hello,

I set up a bunch of Aeotec Zigbee water link sensors and a EcoNet Z-Wave shut off valve controller yesterday. I then tried activating each sensor to make sure it shuts off the water. Some of the sensors worked and other didn’t. In fact, the ones that did work a minute ago, didn’t work a second time. Is there anything I can try? Is there anything here that would indicate they wouldn’t work correctly?

Attached is a screenshot of my Zigbee mesh:

Thanks

Your zigbee mesh is not in great shape. The outcost zero on at least 4 devices is not a good indicator, despite the decent LQI.

Please see this thread, people much more knowledgeable share great info..

I wish you would coalesce all your zigbee issues into a single thread rather than their being distributed across multiple posts.

Your mesh isn't that bad. However, as you've stated earlier, you have 29 power-reporting Sengled plugs. If these plugs report power frequently, it is going to make your mesh really busy, causing other messages - such as those from your leak sensors, to be missed.

Turn off power-reporting (or minimize it by configuration on the device page).

Your mesh will work a whole lot better.

1 Like

My apologies.

I would but, after a few replies, the thread becomes orphan and it seems that there’s no new communication. I realize that I’m not the only person that needs help and you’re very busy but doing all of this troubleshooting is very time-consuming and when one’s smart home is not-so-smart, you tend to be impatient.

All I see is temperature reporting, is this what you’re referring to?

Okay, thanks.

I’ll read this post.

Sometimes it takes more than a day - 90% of community members are just regular hub users, like the two of us.

But I want you to coalesce your different posts, because they are all related to the same underlying issue - a zigbee mesh that is too busy.

No. I am referring to the power reporting frequency of your 29 Sengled zigbee plugs.

Okay, no problem.

Where can I find power reporting other than in the devices settings?

On the device page for each of your Sengled outlets. You'll have to set conservative power reporting limits for each outlet - there is no global setting.

Sorry, there is no power reporting just what’s here.

Don't you have 29 Sengled outlets? Can you check the device page of any one of those outlets?

Not the device page for the Aeotec Leak Sensors.

1 Like

@user2930 Each of your sengled plugs page should look like this. Unless you need it for something, disable power reporting.

2 Likes

Hmmm....that drop down is missing. I’m on IOS.

Force close your browser and reopen the page. It should work properly then. I run in to that issue occasionally.

Just tried it on a PC in Chrome and it’s not there as well...

Would these even have power reporting since they run on battery and not plugged in?

Your Sengled outlets do not run on battery. You're looking at your water sensors. Don't. Look at every Sengled outlet and disable reporting

Okay, they all were of by default.

Do you have any other power reporting zigbee devices on your mesh?

No other ones. It looks like the Zigbee extender doesn’t report power.

What device is this? Brand and model.