Aeotec ver 7 repeater question bad handler?

Yes

Hmm... is the stick paired at a lower security level than the repeater? Never tried that, but I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't work.

As noted, I've only been able to update the repeater firmware by pairing with PC Controller in stand-alone controller mode. In other words, don't pair PC Controller with the Hubitat (run it stand-alone), and pair the RE7 directly with PC Controller.

aha .. i will maybe try to pair a separate stick for that with the repeater..
I have the stick paired to the hub.. in case i get the dreaded busy with a hanging node. as it is hard to get paired once that happens so I prefer to leave it.. I then just disable the device with the check mark but leave it paired..

so that probably is the issue as it is a secondary controller not primary..

and also you are correct the stick is not paired securly.. didnt work pairing it securely so it is insecure according to the device info , while the repeater is paired as s2..
Its a pain if i have to remove it from hubitat just to get the firmware updated.. i may as well get a new one. pair it.. and then update this and keep it to use in my other house when i start porting there from st?

thanks

back to this thread. in our other house in nh i have 4 of these extenders. All still ver 1.1 f/w not sure why they are still shipping with old.. maybe a lot still in the supply chain.

But here i paired my aeon zstick in s2 mode and i am now successfully updating my first extender with the 1.2 gbl file.. So that must have been the issue the zstick was not paired securely.

Your right it takes a long time to go through all 7k blocks. thanks

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.