Aeotec TriSensor does not clear the motion

Hi there everyone, I know it is been a while since anyone has last posted here but either I am going through something similar or my complete noob-ness is getting me to feel this way…
I have just bought a few trisensors (firmware 2.15). And I have tried installing them on my Hubitat version 2.2.1.116.
First I have paired it and noticed that it was getting stuck (motion, temperature and illuminance).
After that I tried following the instructions here on this thread to set the parameters on the devices using z-wave tool. I can actually set the parameters and they look fine (see image below).
When I try to switch back to the built-in driver the device remains getting stuck. I am sure that the device is within range. I have enabled the reporting indicator led’s using the z-wave tool and I can see that the device itself is showing me that is reporting within the set time and everything else.

The part that doesn’t work apparently is Hubitat getting these updates from the device. I have even tried the same thing with multiple devices and the same problems occurs.
Please lmk if I am doing something wrong or if there’s anything I am missing. I have wasted a few hours on this already and hopefully someone can shed some light on this issue for me.

Thank you

Ps: @krlaframboise I have tagged you on this since you seem to be very knowledgeable about this and I have even found a SmartThings driver for Trisensor under your name.

Another noob from ST. My Aeotec Trisensor worked fine with ST, now it keeps detecting motion.

trisensor

In the device page you can go in and adjust the sensitivity between 1 and 10. Set it to a lower number and click on Save Preferences.

Then on the trisensor push and hold the button for about 5 seconds. The led will initially go red then change to a pinky orange. Then release. This will wake the sensor to receive the nee configuration.

@alphaville21a14 : I am having this exact same issue. I feel like I have tried everything. Please tell me you found a solution!

@adamtkennedy I found out that for some reason the trisensor wasn't creating the association with the hub (group 1 node 1). To solve this I created this association manually using the less basic zwave tool. I also opened a ticket in Aeotec's support and they told me that trisensor had report issues that has been solved in the last firmware release, so I think it is a good idea to update the device as well.

1 Like

This issue is still occurring. I'm setting sensitivity to level 2 and will have to check and see if it works. All 5 of mine have locked up with motion active.

• firmwareVersion: 2.16

I currently have a case in with Aeotec for the same problem. I've got four of these sensors, three of which work just fine. One (the first I purchased) has never worked properly. The most current version of F/W is 2.21, which Aeotec told me is the most stable. If I'm not mistaken, the sensor causing me grief started out with v2.09? Despite updating to v2.21, it still doesn't work consistently. The same problem as mentioned, it hangs on motion active. The other three in use that are working fine were shipped with v2.16 and have not been updated.

So far...since I've set them to level 2 sensitivity (Thursday Jan 27), they seem to be working fine. I will increase sensitivity slowly to see if the problem is above a certain setting 3-10, Most Sensitive(Default). Time will tell.

I'm joining the conversation as my multisensor 6 (USB powered) is exhibiting the same behavior - it was motion active for 8 hours last night. I have been noticing the lights in my garage (which are triggered by this sensor) are on when I wake up.
And I had to re-initialize it via the hubitat device page before the status would change.

So far mine have been working fine. I did update one to 2.21 since it was the most problematic. So far so good. Was really nice to have an Aeotec stick to update.