Aeotec Recessed door sensor 7

Try saving the device.. that usually gets the correct fw to show up for me. Note: your device is probably updated the UI is just not showing it.

1 Like

And/or reboot the hub so that it has to get all the info again. I seem to recall this same issue when I updated the firmware on my Aeotec recessed door sensor 7 devices.

1 Like

I've saved, ran configure, rebooted hub, but no luck. It still shows v1.04 as the FW version on both of the 2 sensors I've updated.

That is very strange, maybe try clearing the cache on your browser (I know not likely) or try a different browser just to test.

If you go to update the firmware for that device again does it show the most recent or the old firmware? If it shows the old then the update never took.

Another thing to do is briefly cut power to the switch..

1 Like

I’m having a nightmare with this device. The firmware won’t update and the battery lasts only a month now :sob: for a gen7 device it’s pretty poor. Has anyone got any advice or tips?

I just checked one of mine - my battery level does not seem to be reporting - stuck on 100%... mmmmm... there does seem to be a firmware update to 1.05.

None of my 3 sensors are reporting battery levels - all of them at 100%. I have them paired with no security and using the Aeotec Door/Window Sensor 7 series driver...

One of my sensors does have the latest firmware but that did not make a difference. I may try and pair with security for giggles.

Everything works except battery levels and I haven't had to replace mine in a little while but cannot say for sure what kind of drain there is.

I mean I guess it's possible that there is only a little drain but one door gets used very frequently so I would expect at least some battery usage...

The only events I see aside from open/closed events are battery reporting 100% ...

I too have had battery reporting issues with these door sensors. All 7 of my units report 100%, but they clearly can't be at 100% as they've been installed for months. I recently had two units stop reporting events without triggering a battery warning. When I used a multimeter to test the batteries, they were completely drained. Given that these units sometimes burn through batteries fast, I would really like to get an accurate battery level. All of my units are running firmware 1.05 and S2 security. Are anyone's units reporting correctly to Hubitat?

2 Likes

I’m also having this issue. Just noticed 2 of them died while reporting 100%. Also on 1.05 and S2.

I hate to revive a dead thread, but not sure it warrants creating a new one either. How are these devices working for folks now that there have been a few platform updates, and it looks like maybe a few Firmware updates from Aeotec? I'm thinking of getting one, but not crazy about it if it starts to cause major issues. I'm hoping maybe most of the bugs have been successfully squashed?

I have 6 on my C-7 running current firmware on the Aeotecs and C-7. Work fine, except that I replace the batteries every 8 months to a year.

2 Likes

"Meh" is my response I guess... I've had hit or miss experiences with mine. Battery still not reporting, Intermittent issues from time to time - sometimes unit becomes unresponsive (even with fresh battery) and either eventually dies or keeps working. Have replaced 2 in my mudroom which sees the most activity by far and one in my basement. On the plus side LOVE the recessed nature of these.

1 Like

Do you get battery reports?

Yes, by a Rule I have running once a day. They seem to hold up near 100% for most of their life, then start declining sharply until they stop reporting. I replace them when they fall below 80%.

2 Likes

Oh okay thanks - I'll add a monitoring rule specifically for them then. I've only seen them at 100% but have had other issues like periodic unresponsiveness that I assumed was battery but could be other things.

I am kinda digging these old XFinity contact sensors I got on eBay..

note: these are no longer available via that seller but others have them as well. $4.50 per sensor.

2 Likes

That exactly Why I was looking at them. There are already sensors on the door for the alarm system (Vivint), so I did not want to have another set of sensors be visible.

I've looked at the community app for the Vivint integration, and I believe that require homekit, and I don't use apple, (or it was more complicated than I can wrap my head around currently).

1 Like

Performance on my 8 sensors has improved significantly since the Z-Wave update earlier this year. I used to have to replace the batteries every 1-2 months. It got so bad, I started keeping a spreadsheet and doing warranty replacements on the ones that couldn't last longer than a few months. Since the update, all my problematic sensor batteries have been doing great. Fingers crossed, maybe we'll start approaching the promised performance now.

2 Likes

So HomeAssistant has a community integration you might want to check out.. again you can bridge devices from HA to HE via the community app.

1 Like

I have one installed on my loft hatch and it just sits there and works, its not let me down once and i think ive had to change the battery once, pretty sure ive had it over a year now.

1 Like