Aeotec Range Extender 7: S2 or no security?

Hello all!
I'll be receiving an aeotec range extender 7 tomorrow and I'm wondering if people had better success using it with S2 or no security?
I've read on another thread that it's recommended to update it to firmware 1.03, which I plan on doing.

Thank you!

1 Like

I think you can use the defaults which are S2. I just did this. It may take a while for devices to route through it though. That is not an S2 issue.

2 Likes

I have 3 of mine in S2 and they seem to be working fine. It did take several days for the mesh to settle down.

3 Likes

I added it to my network about 2 weeks ago and I tried multiple repairs on some devices that have a high response time that could benefit from the repeater, but they won't ever use it.
Maybe only pairing the devices again could prompt them to use it?
At the moment it seems nothing is routing through the repeater.

Thank you!

That is a good question - I have one of those at a location on the main floor. It's paired with "no security" and has 19 devices routing through it including an S2 Authenticated Ring Repeater on the 3rd floor...

I decided to pair again, this time no security, to see if I get more luck

Just remember it may take a very long while for the repeater to start picking up devices. Maybe a week or two or longer. Also suspect it depends on how often a device is used - the more frequently the more likely to change routes but am not sure.

uhhh, where did you get this view from?

It's a very cool Z-Wave reporting app by @tony.fleisher. It reformats the Z-Wave details page and allows you to filter on things etc.

Only works for C-7 though...

1 Like

Awesome! Thanks I've been trying to nail down some issues I seem to be having.