Aeotec Multisensor 6

Your Hamster isn't on a Liquid Nitrogen diet?? :smiley: :smiley:

I have 12 of these all over my house and I have rules (for ceiling fans) that monitor for a narrow range of temps to manage the fan speed. If I got -937 on mine, it would shut off the fan. In other words, I doubt I'd notice and investigate. :frowning: Fan Off 'symbolizes' "We are Comfortable" in my brain.

I'll see if I have events like that still around.

1 Like

Well, I don't always know what the little critter is doing in there... I log my values with influxDB logger so it popped right up. I am now thinking of making some rules more robust...

1 Like

I had this too

The AeotecMultiSensor6 driver has a note:

* Chuckles V1.2 of multisensor 6
 * IMPORTANT NOTE: Assumes device has firmware **version 1.10** or later. A warning will be logged if this is not the case.

I think the current version out on the Aeon/Aeotec site is v1.13

The error says "didn't get a version in response" to me.. implying it's earlier than v1.09

Yep...trying to update firmware now...however...not having any luck getting my z-stick to pair with HE. It's just not seeing it.... :frowning:

have you looked at:

1 Like

I was but I only have the .exe from Aeotec?

The Aeon Z-Stick??

I join and rejoin mine to any of my 4-5 ZWave networks in this room. As recently as last night, as a matter of fact.

Had to reset it using the reset button. No idea why. I now have the Z-Stick paired to HE...however am now struggling to get the firmware update app to see the multisensor. The app loads and sees the z-stick (COM 7). But when I hit add node...and then click the action button..nothing. The light on the multisensor turns green for a bit...but that's it.

From my zwave details page:

The Z-Stick is mostly invisible to HE. It's connection is on the ZWave side of the radio, not the computer side.

Do I need to remove(exclude) the Multisensor from HE before doing the upgrade and then re-adding it?

The reason I'm asking is from the quote above from last year.

Aeon's instructions answer: Yes.

My Answer: I've never had to. I've upgraded 12 of them in-place. As evidenced by the OTA Z-Wave Firmware Updater, it's not necessary. Using that Driver, it's not even necessary to have a second Z-Stick.

It all depends on how much time you have to invest, I guess. 1) Check with @bcopeland regarding extracting firmware from the EXE. 2) using Aeon's tool, click the "listen" column for the multisensor you are trying to update. I've found that helps with Battery devices.

1 Like

That's referring to AFTER the upgrade has been completed. If you've followed the discussion re: Inovelli + @bcopeland Z-Wave Firmware Updater, some devices 'auto reboot' at the end of the firmware downloads. Others vendors demand you power cycle to begin using the new firmware. Aeon seems to be in the 2nd camp.

But you're not that far along to have to think about that yet. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@csteele Thanks for all your help! I could never get the Aeon software to work but I was able to get Homeseers Z-Flash utility to join and see the devices. I'm up to 1.13 at this point as that was the latest I could find a file for. Progress I think....hahahaha

Am very excited about @bcopeland utility though! That's an awesome utility.

2 Likes

Is anyone able to get the threshold reporting to work for the M6 with the cSteele driver?

I have mine USB powered, and the driver recognizes it as such. I have the Sensor Report Interval set to 5 mins, the temperature change to 1 tenth of a degree (was 2 tenths, but same result), the humidity set to 2 percent, and have Enabled Selective Reporting.

I get a report every 5 minutes for all the sensors as is expected based on the Report Interval.

However, I have strange results on the threshold reporting. In reviewing the logs for the last day, I get the following:

• The humidity seems to report randomly in between the 5 minute reports. There were more than 200 humidity reports of less than 2% changes at intervals less than 5 minutes.
  • The temperature sensor literally never reports except on the 5 minute mark. There are 120+ occasions where the temperature differential between those 5 minute reports are greater than 0.2 degrees with no intervening temperature report.

Do I have something set incorrectly?

Here are my settings:

By the way, I believe using this driver and setting the report interval to 5 mins, significantly improved the performance of my Hub. The M6 was reporting almost continuously on the built-in driver, and took the hub to a crawl when there were few issues prior. Now it is back to being fine again with the cSteele driver and the longer report interval, at least for now...

Hmm. I have not changed anything recently, but I'm not getting illuminance for 2 days now. I'm not sure why. It may have been around the time of the last platform hotfix update.

line 723 of the Aeotec Multisensor 6 driver is a "}" -- makes me think you're using an older driver, older than v1.6.12

Screen Shot 2020-05-27 at 7.49.18 PM

That portion of code is trying to determine the multisensor's code version. Unfortunately Aeotec didn't include that and the driver wants a minimum of v1.10 out on the multisensor. If it isn't that version (current on the Aeotec site is v1.13, I believe) then there is no version and .. yep, null divided by anything is going to be an error.

You can see the firmware version:
Screen Shot 2020-05-27 at 7.55.58 PM

I'm getting Illuminance just fine on the cSteele driver:

2020-05-27 03:56:04.848 pm M6 O North Wall Ultraviolet index is 0

2020-05-27 03:56:04.488 pm M6 O North Wall Illuminance is 508 Lux

2020-05-27 03:56:03.237 pm M6 O North Wall Humidity is 44%

2020-05-27 03:56:02.899 pm M6 O North Wall Temperature is 85.1°F

By the way, that error on 723 looks a lot like the error reported by many on line 718, that I had also gotten. I followed the slight driver modification suggested by @christi999 in the post above, which fixed that error, and allowed the driver to report the firmware version when it couldn't without that tweak:

@csteele while you are here, any thoughts on the threshold reporting question I have above?

Not really, the driver sends the values to the Multisensor. What it does with them is dependent on the firmware. It's entirely possible that differences between v1.09 and 1.10 and 1.12 and 1.13 alter how it interprets the value.

In other words, Aeotec could have 'listened' to customers and altered how they report. I haven't seen any specific v1.13 documentation.

I've altered a copy of the driver I'm using to test that patch.