AEOTEC LED Bulb 6 Color

Hi krlaframboise
Turning "debug logging" on an with the Livingroom Lamp off,

I said
"Alexa, Livingroom Lamp Blue", she responded OK and turned the lamp on to a soft white.
The log responded;
dev:972019-07-21 11:31:06.061 am info Livingroom Lamp switch is on

Next I said "Alexa, Livingroom Lamp Soft White". she responded "Livingroom Lamp does not support that." No changes to the lamp, nothing logged.

So I said "Alexa, Livingroom Lamp Cool White". "Livingroom Lamp does not support that." No changes to the lamp, nothing logged.

Thoughts?

Thanks
Bill

Just out of curiosity, in the Alexa mobile app, if you open that bulb's settings, does it list the correct color capabilities?

Confirm the settings like @bjcowles suggested, but assuming they're correct, try wording it like:

Alexa, change Livingroom Lamp to Cool White.

I'm not sure if the wording really matters, but I'm out of ideas...

OK, Now I think we are VERY close to finding the problem.

In Alexa, Settings/Devices, the Livingroom Lamp shows

Connected VIA; Hue Hub
I do not own a Hue Hub, as a matter of fact, I never owned a Hue Hub. My network is completely Z-Wave, no Zigbee.
Description: Lux Light
Type: Light
Color Capabilities: Color
Enabled: On

Looking at ALL my devices in the Alexa App say "Hue Hub"
Philllips Hue Hub is NOT Enabled in my Alexa Skills

Hubitat Skill is Enabled
Smart Life Skill is Enabled

I number of months ago, I attempted to use openHAB and enabled the openHAB skill. But, the Java Script learning curve was a bit more than I had time for at that moment. So, I abandoned the openHAB project for Hubitat. But, I never removed the openHAB skill from Alexa.

Removing the openHAB skill, forgetting all Alexa devices and then re-Discovering devices, Hue Hub continues to be listed as "Connected Via".

I thought for sure removing openHAB was going to solve my problem but not.

Any other ideas? I can tell we are close folks!!!!!

THANKS
Bill

It looks to me as if you are using the old Alexa App on Hubitat (which emulated a Hue bridge), instead of the Alexa Skill.

The alexa app mimics a hue hub in some way I believe. Also think all control was on and off for the app.

Have you tried the alexa skill?

1 Like

I'd Remove the Alexa app from Hubitat, check your skills in the Alexa app and remove anything related to Hubitat if you still see it.

Check the devices in the Alexa mobile app and manually delete any left over hubitat devices that might still be there.

Then install the "Amazon Echo Skill" in Hubitat.

I just want to say; “You are all Geniuses!” -- THANK YOU

For the Lessons Learned category;
I was using the Hubitat Echo APP . Not the Hubitat Echo Skill.

I forgot all Alexa Devices in the Alexa App, went back into Hubitat and removed the Amazon Echo App, then installed the Amazon Echo Skill, linked my Amazon Account to the Hubitat Echo Skill . Went back to the Alexa App and discovered my devices in Alexa.

This time the Alexa App showed the Livingroom Lamp (as-well-as all my other devices) as Connected VIA Hubitat not Hue Hub.

In the case of the Livingroom Lamp, it now has the Aeon LED Bulb description and Color Capabilities show “Color, and Color Temperature”. I can easily change the color of the bulb as-well as the percentage of illumination.

Thanks for your Patience and knowledge! I appreciate your efforts and can only hope I can help someone in the future.

Bill

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.