Aeotec humidity sensor does not send any data

Hi guys,

I happliy installed an Aeotec humidity sensor today. I placed it in the bathroom and I was very pleased to se that it connected fine from the bathroom with the door closed. A first fine set of readings entered the event log. And then, nothing. No new values no updates no nothing.

I set the humididty change report to 1%, Periodic intervall report to 15min and temp change report to 0.5 degrees, Still nothing. I turned on the shower and left it on for a bit but nothing. I manually triggered the device and that instantly generated new readings, but no automatic updates.

Anyone using the Aeotec humidity sensor that can shed any light on the situation? Should the sensor not report according to the set reporting triggers?

Cheers,

Is this the Aeotec aërQ or some other device? If it's this one, or really any Z-Wave battery-powered sensor, and you recently changed the reporting configuration, you'll need to either manually wake the device (quick press of the button if it's this one) or wait for the next wake-up interval to pass where the device will check in (usually something like once or twice a day). They are not always listening, so the configuration changes will not apply until then (even if it sends reports to the hub in the meantime for whatever other reason).

1 Like

Hi,

Yes, sorry, it is the AeoTec AerQ Temperature and Humidity Sensor. Aha, I see, thanks. This is my first z-wave sensor. I guess I assumed they would work similar to the zigbee ditos. I'll wait untill tomorrow to se what has happened.

The biggest difference is that even most Zigbee battery-powered sensors are always listening, though I've seen a few that don't. For Z-Wave, this generally only true of "FLiRS" devices, which are a special class of devices that need to respond faster to commands from the hub (originally things like door locks, now also blinds and similar devices).

1 Like

Makle sure you install the latest firmware for it (from Aeotec) -- supposedly, it fixes the battery-reporting issues that have forever plagued the aerQs.

There are 2 different models of the aerQ, so check your model # to make sure you download the correct firmware for it.

I had high hopes for mine when I first got it, but they took too long to fix the battery issue so I replaced it with a Zooz zse44 -- in my use case, the Zooz ended up being a way better performer anyway.

1 Like

Thanks @hydro311

Hi,

It seems as if the sensor is only waking up every 12h (Se image => Wakeinterwall 43200). I am surprised to find that this has not changed on either of the sensors since it has been more than 12h since install. I have now moved them to a position adjacent to the hub to make sure the are within range for the next 12h wake up.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.