Aeotec Garage door controller issues

Thanks for the correction Mike. Wow, that was really wrong :upside_down_face:

When it joins correctly, it will secure join.

Why is it that we sometimes get the Secure cluster showing in the data field, but still don’t get a secure join?

so i excluded and rejoined and getting this:

• deviceType: 515
  • inClusters: 0x5E,0x25,0x70,0x85,0x59,0x72,0x86,0x7A,0x73,0x98,0x66,0x71
  • outClusters: 0x22,0x5A,0x82
  • deviceId: 62
  • manufacturer: 134

Looks exactly the same to me. 0x98 is in the inClusters field, so i dont know what else to look for.

You want to see something like this:

• zwaveSecurePairingComplete: true
1 Like

You need to see something like this (my Yale YRD256 lock)

• deviceType: 32770
  • zwaveSecurePairingComplete: true
  • inClusters: 0x5E,0x72,0x98,0x5A,0x73,0x86
  • deviceId: 1536
  • manufacturer: 297

How far is the hub when pairing? Is there a repeater in-between?

ive put it right next to the hub, like less than half a metre.

takes a little longer than usual to initialize, but gets detected where i can hit the save button and does come up as generic zwave garage opener.

Heres the manual and there's no mention of secure pairing:

Looks like im having similar issue with my Schlage le162 front door lock, it does pair, just not securely and detected as type: Device. When changing driver to Generic zwave lock it makes no difference, cant lock or unlock with buttons in the device page.

This Schlage lock is quite old now, at least 6 yrs, but worked fine with my Vera Edge. But it wont have zwave plus.

Not having much luck with secure pairing :frowning:

Didn't realize you were in Australia. Do wish we had a way to check out what country someone is from, even when they don't disclose their city. Makes a big difference with the answers we offer.

Are you able to pair other Z-Wave devices? Wondering if you have a faulty Z-Wave adapter.

Yes im in Melbourne, australia, but how is that relevant :slight_smile: and how did you know lol

Yes i've paired heaps of devices so far. got 3 aeotec multisensors, aeotec nano dimmers, aeotec micro dual relays, and aeotec door contact sensors (the triangle ones) all working perfectly.

Just struggling with these last few devices to fully move away from Vera.

Having trouble with this garage controller, schlage le162 lock, the old aeotec motion sensors, and none of my fibaro fgk-101 door window sensors are working either. all are pairing, just not showing any current states so cant do anything with them.

Im thinking because hubitat is a lot newer hub then vera, it doesnt have the support for some of these devices, which i've had floating around for years.

From your post of the manual. It describes resetting with either a Z-Stick or a Minimote. Do you have either of those, and if so is that what you used to reset it before attempting to pair with HE?

Also you said less than a meter, so that immediately told me you're not in the US.

Sounds like @njanda, another Australian user, is also not having success with those fibaro sensors.

To answer your previous question, it's relevant because you have different devices than are available in the US and Canada, you have a different Z-Wave radio frequency and you have a massively different time zone, so I can tell that you're awake and have rested since it's just after 3pm. :wink:

I haven't reset it yet. I thought an exclude from vera should have been enough. And didn't want to reprogram all the user codes again. I'll have to give that a go and try it again tomorrow.

1 Like

That's maybe what's needed. Many times a device will need both Exclusion and Factory Rest. Some do this as a matter of course. There is a separate note about factory reset in the manual that follows the instruction for using a Z-Stick or Minimote. So perhaps you can just reset the Z-Wave radio, without doing a full factory reset?

did you get it to work? i am unable to find the device as well.

Memory says this device needs to pair securely to a controller. If you have successfully excluded it from the previous controller, bring it very close to HE and then repeat the pairing.

After pairing, move it to its final location, and rebuild/repair your z-wave network.

Could never get this to work for me. I've come to the conclusion its my hubitat. After taking the Aeotec garage controller to both my parents hubitat and a friends, it paired securely on their Hubitat immediately.

The only difference is I have a c4, they both have c5's.

I've since given this device to that friend as he could use it.

Got it to work. excluding using hubitat didnt work well. when i used the smarthings hubs to exclude, it worked perfectly.

1 Like

Sorry to necro this topic - I can get my Aeotec gen 5 Garage Door Controller to pair no problem as a secure device (most Aeotec devices require you to double-press the pair button for secure pairing mode).

I can also change the device type to "Generic Garage Door Controller" - however it sits there saying:

Current States

• door : unknown

and I can seem to get it to show states. It will send open/close commands ok tho. Any Ideas?

Never mind, after doing a manual door calibration*, it now works great!

1. *Close the garage door
  2. Hold down the big white open/close button for 10 seconds until the network lights starts flashing
  3. Press the big white open/close button once and let the door open fully
  4. make sure the door has a good 5 or so seconds to settle, then Press the big white open/close button once to close the door.
  5. You are done, grab yourself a Beer! :smiley:
1 Like