Aeotec DSD37-ZWUS Repeater - Which driver to use?

Hello:

I just moved this device from Wink to Hubitat. Hubitat found it but shows it as a "device". There is a thread from last year (Aeotec DSD37-ZWUS Repeater Device Only Discovery) that says to use the "Aeotec Outlet" driver and another one (but for the ZW117 model - Aeotec Range Extender 6 ZW117 Driver) to use the "Generic Z-Wave Repeater" driver.

Any advice on which one to use? If it shows as a "Device" is it doing anything?

Thanks for your help.

I wouldn't use it at all as it's an older non-plus z-wave repeater.. Just my 2¢

2 Likes

Unfortunately, a lot of my devices are not Z-Wave Plus since I was with Wink since the original hub :anguished:

1 Like

If you must use it .. just use generic z-wave repeater..

2 Likes

To reiterate @bcopeland's point, even with old z-wave devices, you are better off using z-wave plus repeaters - and the new Aeotec Range Extender 7 with its 700-series chip is a phenomenal repeater.

1 Like

Thanks @bcopeland. Switched to the Generic driver. No way to tell if it is actually doing anything, so I guess I will try and pair the switch that I was having a problem with (about 30 ft from the Hub). :crossed_fingers:t3:

1 Like

@aaiyar - currently unavailable at Amazon and no ETA on when it is expected. The Extender 6 is available. Thoughts on that? And does it have a Hubitat driver (either the 6 or 7 Extender)?

1 Like

@bcopeland has written a driver for the 7. The 6 works with the Generic Z-wve repeater driver. I would wait until the 7 becomes available.

2 Likes

@aaiyar I read the major difference between the 6 vs 7 is that the 7 has S2 capability. Did you read this also? @bcopeland would your driver still work for the 6 even though it does not have S2? Could that be turned off in a driver so you can use the same driver for both? Just a thought.

1 Like

All my driver does is let you control the light.. There really is no reason to need a driver for a repeater...

3 Likes

Ex.. I use it like a night light .. I turn them on when I switch to night mode

So I guess after including it only has the light function? I gather the generic driver takes care of the rest? What about S2, does the generic handle that as well?

Not a thing on Hubitat yet.. and no timeline (as he staff don't comment on future projects)

1 Like

Understood! So a ver6 would be just as good as a ver7 right now anyway? Except for the 700 series chip which they say gives it a better distance.

Yes and no.. If I were buying right now.. I would stick to 700 series devices, where available.. For the extra RF magic.. and for future proofing..

2 Likes

Got it. Thanks for the reply.

1 Like

anytime

1 Like

@bcopeland has anything changed on this driver? It used to turn the lights on and off but it seems to have stopped working for me and although it says its changing on/off, the lights are no longer going off. It was working for me and now all three have stopped.

The logs look like its registering a change. Is it still working for you? I have not upgraded to the latest release.

dev:3762021-02-20 01:39:09.877 pm debugparse:zw device: 40, command: 8703, payload: 00 , isMulticast: false

dev:3762021-02-20 01:39:08.933 pm debugparse:zw device: 40, command: 8703, payload: FF , isMulticast: false

Hubitat Elevation® Platform Version

Hardware Version
Rev C-7

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.