Aeotec DSB29-ZWUS on C7 with 2.2.4.158 Not registering events

This contact sensor is no longer working for me (Aeotec DSB29-ZWUS). It used to work fine with the Generic Z-Wave Contact Sensor driver but is no longer showing open/closed or tamper events. I can see debug logs for each of these actions in realtime. I believe this started somewhere in the 2.2.4 branch.

In the logs, from the bottom to the top, we have the following events (not registering as these events): Open, Tamper Active, Tamper Clear, Close

(DOOR CLOSED)   11:13:19.867 pm debugparsed 'zw device: 3B, command: 2001, payload: 00 , isMulticast: true' to null
(TAMPER CLEAR)  11:13:09.521 pm debugparsed 'zw device: 3B, command: 7105, payload: 00 00 , isMulticast: true' to null
(TAMPER ACTIVE) 11:12:57.918 pm debugparsed 'zw device: 3B, command: 7105, payload: 00 FF , isMulticast: true' to null
(DOOR OPENED)   11:12:47.368 pm debugparsed 'zw device: 3B, command: 2001, payload: FF , isMulticast: true' to null
  • deviceType: 2
  • inClusters: 0x30,0x80,0x84,0x71,0x70,0x85,0x86,0x72
  • zwNodeInfo: 53 9C 00 04 20 01 30 80 84 71 70 85 5C 86 72 68 23
  • deviceId: 29
  • MSR: 0086-0002-001D
  • manufacturer: 134

The label shows:

Door/Window Sensor
(2nd Edition)
Model: DSB29-ZWUS
908.42MHZ
FCC ID: XBAD5829
AeonLabsLLC

@mike.maxwell @bobbyD

I got it to work at least for open/close status with the driver code posted here in the Hubitat community by @keltymd1 . That's a SmartThings based driver so I don't have the ability to turn on debug logging with it and such but at least it works with it! Hopefully Hubitat will respond and look into the Generic Z-Wave Contact Sensor driver and see why it quit reporting Open/Close for this sensor. @bobbyD

I was just about to post that as a new hubitat user my aeotec DSB29-ZWUS was behaving the same as @rayzurbock has described above. Thanks for posting a link to the other driver. I'll take it for a spin and see how it does.

confirming - the community driver based on smartthings did work. Thank You @rayzurbock!

1 Like

It doesn't report tamper. I've modified it to report tamper and support device debug logging. I'll PM you that code if you want it. It's currently half baked but reporting open/close and tamper detected/clear so far. I've been working to learn driver coding and striping this driver down for just this device though that work is only partially done right now.

I would very much appreciate that code, please do PM. I was just starting to look through a first pass at adding the debug logging. I'm new to hubitat and never coded in groovy before, seems pretty readable, but would take me some time to figure the rest out.

Sent. I don't want to post it publicly because I'm still in the middle of working on it but it does report open/close and tamper detected/clear.

Just migrated to the C7, this device not longer reports. Any plans to fix it?