Aeotec Doorbell/Siren 6 -- random blink?

My Aeotec Doorbell Siren just recently started blinking like this:

There does not seem to be an issue with pending notifications or battery level. The manual does not have any notes on blink codes. Does anyone have a hint as to how to turn the blink off or why it may be doing this?

@ccheng

I've noticed mine does this when there is a vibration. Also maybe it could be a power thing?

Do you have the doorbell or the siren? My doorbell did this when the battery level in the button was low.

2 Likes

@erktrek
my first thought was that the wall wart got knocked loose, but it is definitely powered

@aaiyar
this IS the doorbell kit -- and the button is reading @ 100%
Screenshot 2020-09-21 121045

everything seems to be working fine, other than the blink

Could there be any vibration affecting this? I just tapped the side of my siren and it started flashing a bit then stopped.

1 Like

@dan3 - The LED flash seems to be an indicator for #1 button low battery. (indicated by 100ms LED flash, 5 second delay and repeat).

I have noticed sometimes that the battery indication could be wrong sometimes which you can refresh it in 2 ways:

1. remove the battery from Button 1, wait 10 seconds to allow all power to drain out of its capacitors, then power it back up.

2. Press Button #1 which should refresh its battery level.

If possible check Parameter 52 (it is a GET only parameter, so you can only request information from this parameter while it cannot bet set with a different value manually).

Parameter 52 should report the battery power level in mV which should be a better or more clear indication of the battery level of button #1.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.