Aeon Multisensor 6 - needUpdate : YES

Lol, yeah, probably copied from their manual which is likely a translation from Chinese to English.

Anyone find that the lux values in this driver are way off from the standard driver ?
I adjusted the Luminance offset when the values were low (dark) and when high (daylight) but the scales are fine when set but drift further apart as it gets darker or brighter.

Any way around this ?

1 Like

Hi there everyone, I have a Multisensor 6 using this driver. I do notice that both UV and Illuminance readings on mine are stuck at 0.

Safe to assume the device is simply broken or is there some troubleshooting I can do?

Best,

UV readings are unlikely to be found indoors. I, and others, have found it to work when outside... or at least somewhere where glass isn't blocking the UV.

Illuminance works on all 12 of my MultiSensor 6's. However I use a Community produced Driver.

Thank you, I just switched top the driver you are using.

My LUX sensor is now showing 16 (better than 0)

Is it on a scale of 1-100?

" MultiSensor 6 comes with a superior digital light sensor that's capable of sensing lighting between 0 lux to 30000 lux in real-time."

Again, outdoors is where you can find the largest numbers. I had one I put outdoors for a day and just put it on a table pointing skyward. This was mostly to confirm UV, but certainly I did see very large Lux values as well. :slight_smile:

Ok, I think it's broken then. It's an overcast day here, but it in my front entrance which lets in a lot of outdoor light. If the range is 0 - 30000, then 16 should be an almost pitch black environment (which this is not).

I'll give the sensor a shake later to make sure that nothing is blocking the light well, but I'm beginning to think that it may have fallen too many times before fining it's permanent home.

It sounds ok to me...

I have one in my kitchen that is presently reading 48. It's overcast here too but the windows are south facing and the Sensor is facing north.

I have one a couple feet from me, north facing window, sensor on the wall with the window facing diagonally into the room. The sensor itself is in quite a shadow and is reading: 6

A third is in a Bathroom with lots of white walls and is facing the south facing window and is reading: 110.

In other words, lots of variable values due to the amount of light going directly IN the hole in the sensor. Note that it does not have a diffusion window, it's a mm or two behind the faceplate and this is 1) directional due to the size of the hole relative to the distance from the hole and 2) it needs light shining on it.

In other words, the sensor is as if it were in the bottom of a well.. there will be no light at the bottom til the sun is overhead. Now this analogy breaks because the dimensions of the sensor in no way constrains it as much as the 'well image' in our heads... but there is some level of analogy. :slight_smile: